Our Honeymoon - September 2015 | Inside Universal Forums

Our Honeymoon - September 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 2, 2011
Good morning/afternoon/evening,

Myself and my fiancée are getting married on Sunday 6th September 2015 (whoop!) and will be visiting Disney & iDrive for just under 3 weeks for our honeymoon. I am (for lack of a better word) a theme park geek and follow many forums (including OU of course) so I am pretty up-to-date with new attractions etc. but I would love to hear from those who visit the area regularly.

We last went to Orlando (for 3 weeks) in September 2011 and had the best holiday (or vacation for you guys) ever. So, we want out honeymoon to be even better, obviously. We are traveling out on Tuesday 8th Sept' and land late afternoon/early evening in Orlando, we travel back on the evening of Saturday 26th Sept'.

We are staying as below:
Tuesday 8th -15th Sept : Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Tuesday 15th - 26th Sept : International Palms Resort on iDrive

Any advice on places to eat, things not to miss etc. would be incredible. We ate at so many different last time, but there is so much more now and would really love some recommendations, and what's the best thing to eat there etc. etc. so we don't miss anything?

Regarding the parks (magic bands already selected), I will wait until the Disney park times are released before deciding on what park we are visiting on what day, but anything else would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance! :)

First off congrats! Me and my fiancé are getting married October 3rd and are spending a week and a half in Orlando for our honeymoon :)

We did just have a week long trip there at the beginning of this month. While we are both not so much into the "tourist trap" type attractions, he was interested in doing a dinner theater, so we booked tickets at Slueths Mystery Dinner Theater, right next to where the I Drive 360 is going in. Prices where a little steep ($50 a person) and the food varied in quality (The lasagne was awesome, the prime rib, not so much.) but the show was a winner... Neither of us have laughed that hard in a LONG time. I was unsure going in, but it was an overall fun time.

Of course there is also the I Drive 360 going in looks like there might be a good restaurant or two going in. If it was still there I'd direct you to my favorite sushi place in all of Florida, but it shut down sometime between my 2007 and 2010 visits.

Any advice on places to eat, things not to miss etc. would be incredible. We ate at so many different last time, but there is so much more now and would really love some recommendations, and what's the best thing to eat there etc. etc. so we don't miss anything?

Regarding the parks (magic bands already selected), I will wait until the Disney park times are released before deciding on what park we are visiting on what day, but anything else would be highly appreciated.

Congrats!

If you're eating on property, definitely check out Ohana at the Poly. Great food, great view. Another place to check out is Boma at AKL. It's buffet style but it's pretty good. For more traditional sit-downs, Citricos at GF is good; so is The Wave at the Contemporary.

Other places to check out at Disney are Biergarten, Le Cellier, and Artisit Point.

Over at Universal, def Tchoup Chop at RPR; or The Kitchen at HRH.

On I-Drive, definitely look into Tin Roof Orlando. It's new but has gotten a lot of great reviews so far.

Congrats Chaz!

I'm sure you and your fiance will have a wonderful no matter what you choose to do in Orlando!

I would also like to reiterate what BriMan said and say that you may want to check out Tin Roof Orlando. From what I have seen, they have many unique dining options and a really great environment to enjoy it in, so I would highly suggest checking that out.

You may also want to check out The CowFish over on CityWalk, especially if you or fiance likes sushi/burgers! They also have a "Gimmie More S'More" shake that is always a must have on my list!

Figured I would put this in there as well, I will be getting married September 12th. The following weekend to yours however we are not honeymooning till December. Staying 12 days in Disney and 3 days at universal. Thanks for the suggestions that have already been posted, is there anything that wasn't mentioned?

Thanks everyone who has given some suggestions, they are all truly noted. If you could only eat at one place in each of the parks (all parks) where would eat? What one restaurant stands out at each?

Thanks,
Charlie

I'm basing these off of the whole honeymoon information, so they are on the more romantic restaruanty side rather than the fun playful side.

IOA - Mythos
USF - Finnegans although not really romantic, maybe Lombards
MK - Beast Castle (Dinner) Cinderella Castle close second but may have too many kids
Epcot - San Angel in Mexico is incredibly romantic and good food... Honestly it is really hard to go wrong here as long as you are in World Showcase, just determine if you want buffet or not before hand
AK - Yak n Yeti counter service is my favorite so I would wager that the inside is pretty darn good too
HS - Haven't eaten there but Brown Derby perhaps, I really like the Sci-Fi Dine-in... Where else can you get a burger topped with a hot dog, sauerkraut and sauteed onions?!?!? This thing is absolutely huge.

If you are looking to eat outside the parks I would recommend Chatham's Place. Every time I have gone there has been they have had a piano player who takes requests and it is not an overly large space so it feels very intimate. Very romantic and relaxing: http://chathamsplace.com/

I have to say Ohana is awesome. It's not a high high end restaurant but you could have a drink trader sam's first, have dinner at Ohana and watch the fire works on the beach just the two of you. I am doing exactly this when we visit. Make sure you book like NOW though as it gets booked up really quick.