Pixar Place Hotel | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Place Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
So Paradise Pier Hotel is getting a major renovation, changing themes to Pixar. Dare I say a name change is coming, from Paradise Pier to... the Pixar Pier Hotel? :lol:

If an entrance to DCA was an option from the beginning, it's crazy it took them this long to get it going. We've never even considered staying at this property because there's so many better value options that are more or just as easily accessible to the parks right now.

This art shows me absolutely nothing except they really love the Pixar Ball and Luxo Lamp :lol:
pixar-pier-hotel-concept-exterior-2048x1369.jpg

iul2yg4t7y82hlu4btjgyuhik3.jpg

I think I get all of the mobiles except one. What movie is represented by the bottom right? Is it Incredibles?

I think I get all of the mobiles except one. What movie is represented by the bottom right? Is it Incredibles?
Yes; it's Frozone and Elastigirl

Is the center front one supposed to be Soul?

Also, weird there's no Up representation on that mobile

Reactions: Nico
I like the new Lobby and theme

As for the rooms...like All Disney hotels (even the nice ones) they are over priced...so will pretty much never stay here...but sure this will boost people interest for this hotel

Thank goodness Iger bought PIxar...I honestly don't know what Disney would theme anything to these days
Star Wars, marvel, princesses, classic animated movies, 3D animated films, Indian Jones or themed to a land

Disney has almost too much to choose from and wish they themed more outside the theme parks

like a Indy, star war’s, Pixar and so on themed restaurants in Downtown would be packed

What's the one to the left of the Incredibles mobile? I'm drawing a blank on what that one is.

Yes; it's Frozone and Elastigirl

Is the center front one supposed to be Soul?

Also, weird there's no Up representation on that mobile

Yeah, the center front is definitely Soul.
As for Up, looks like they're representing that with the elevator in the back left corner.

What's the one to the left of the Incredibles mobile? I'm drawing a blank on what that one is.

Yeah, the center front is definitely Soul.
As for Up, looks like they're representing that with the elevator in the back left corner.

Left of Incredibles is Toy Story. Bo Peep, Buzz, and what I’m assuming is Woody.

Rough rooftop pool aside, this looks pretty decent now that it's updated. At the very least it looks like a Disney hotel now. I stayed at Paradise Pier in 2017 (I remember specifically bc the D23 Expo was going on while I was there) and it was quite rough and while the rooftop fireworks view was nice, it was also the most bland Disney hotel i'd ever stayed in and for the price definitely the worst. This is a welcomed update if they aren't going to demolish the thing.

Reactions: alomar and Nico
Honestly, looks pretty slapped together and inadequate for the prices they're charging. Slapping concept art on the wall does not make for a pleasant aesthetic. I'm a bit embarrassed by the influencers somehow finding ways to gush over it.

Honestly, looks pretty slapped together and inadequate for the prices they're charging. Slapping concept art on the wall does not make for a pleasant aesthetic. I'm a bit embarrassed by the influencers somehow finding ways to gush over it.
Perhaps it’s just because of how piss poor it looked before because that’s what made this standout as an “improvement” to me. Not saying it’s anything great, just better than the turd that was there before.

It doesn’t hold a candle though to, say, the recently opened DVC tower at DL Hotel. This would be fine if it was priced more in the value range.

Perhaps it’s just because of how piss poor it looked before because that’s what made this standout as an “improvement” to me. Not saying it’s anything great, just better than the turd that was there before.

It doesn’t hold a candle though to, say, the recently opened DVC tower at DL Hotel. This would be fine if it was priced more in the value range.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to be knocking on your take. It's arguably an improvement over what was there before. But at the prices they're charging, this is weak sauce, especially with the watered down benefits of staying on-site at the Disneyland Resort.