Paris! | Inside Universal Forums

Paris!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skold

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2016
Been considering a DLP trip.

Don't think I can do it, but I'd love to hear what you all think. HM is my favorite attraction ever, and Phantom Manor looks like it would make me... do messy things.

Here's the thing though... my sister lives in Paris and I go there every few years to visit. Why no DLP, you might ask. Well, this is why I put this in "Trip Reports and Questions".

I love love love Paris, and it seems like a waste to go to DLP. But I also love love love theme parks - we have Uni APs and went 2x this summer!

The reason we love our Uni APs is because we can explore the weird things. And take our time while having a drink. Horton's egg. Sneetch beach. My Ship Olive (while squirting those **ers!). We have a baby raptor that we named and ask about every year. Sting Alley.

So, I love exploring Paris weird crap and am not sure if DLP is worth it. Paris has all the stuff you know, but also has a tour of the Sewer system which Napoleon funded, and the catacombs, where they put skeletons of people once graveyards got flooded! Young Skold, in a maze of skulls and bones:

paris-039-jpg.10996

I love this weird poop. My wife is a retired hula-hoop maker and hula-hooper (yes, that is a real thing!). She and my sister did a thing on the Trocadero that overlooks the Eiffel Tower.

100_7238-jpg.10997

People were kind of fucked up but it was great!

I have 10 or so stories like this.

So, is it worth it to lose a day in Paris for a day in DLP?

(I'm defaulting to no.)

Edit: I got Phantom Manor and Mystic Manor mixed up!

Attachments

• paris 039.jpg
    paris 039.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_7238.jpg
    100_7238.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Well, we're doing Paree next year! Family got Airbnb from June 9 -14. I'm pretty sure I'm going to tack on a DLP day or two at the end. Phantom Manor. My initial thought is to do a DL day and skip Studios. Anyone been and have a suggestion?

Edit: I got Phantom Manor and Mystic Manor mixed up!

Last edited: