Passports gone on E.T. ? | Inside Universal Forums

Passports gone on E.T. ?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 12, 2012
Orlando
Rode E.T. yesterday and was surprised to see that there were no TM's or computers to get your name for your "Passport". At the end of the ride, E.T. says a generic good-by. Is this new?

It's been that way for a while now as far a I could tell - I went about a week ago and the TMs we're saying the computers were down but I have a feeling something else is going on if it's been this way for a week now...

good riddance. Im sorry but i never liked this, it never worked, Inever heard my name and it just took too much time when there was a line

We had passports when we were up there around three maybe four weeks ago. Have they edited the pre-show to not mention needing a passport anymore?

Wonder for how long I will be getting passport banner ads now.....

We had passports when we were up there around three maybe four weeks ago. Have they edited the pre-show to not mention needing a passport anymore?

The pre-show still mentions needing an Interplanetary Passport :thumbs:

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there was already an alternate video they can use. I am trying to remember, but it seems something like this has happened before.

The pre-show still mentions needing an Interplanetary Passport :thumbs:

Ah... But does anyone remember something like this happening before?

Last edited:
You are forgetting people have very unusual names now...the system is never going to get Garnaisahalaskaballahbacks name right. It probably is just a system update

Yeah, they could be adding more names to the system, updating the software, anything. I've worked those computers before and while fairly easy to use, it seemed like the software hadn't been updated since the 90's.

Yeah, they could be adding more names to the system, updating the software, anything. I've worked those computers before and while fairly easy to use, it seemed like the software hadn't been updated since the 90's.

Did you say their Windows 3.0 machine finally crashed and no one can find the product registration key from over 20 years ago to reinstall the software? :pound:

Reactions: Nick
One of my favorite names to use is Wakabayashi, seriously say it when the passports work again you won't make an ass out of yourself. ET speaking Japanese is one of my favorite things ever

- - - Updated - - -

good riddance. Im sorry but i never liked this, it never worked, Inever heard my name and it just took too much time when there was a line

Do you have a short name? I find it hard to hear it sometimes whenever I use my actual name. All on timing I guess, sometimes an ET baby will do a yell and just drown out everything ET says

Um... can you say "bad show?" This needs to be fixed, pronto. If this is a sign that E.T. Adventure is about to go under the knife... color me very pissed.

Um... can you say "bad show?" This needs to be fixed, pronto. If this is a sign that E.T. Adventure is about to go under the knife... color me very pissed.

I really don't think that'll be the case, why would they take out a big part of the ride months before it closes? They didn't take out the scorched jaws months before it closed so I just see it as they're updating the system. No worries

Is there any word on if/when this may be going down for a refurb? Will it go down when the rest of kidzone goes down in the fall?