Persona [Game Series] | Inside Universal Forums

Persona [Game Series]

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!

Sooo...decided to make a thread for this amazing game; as it's rumored to be coming to Nintendo Switch (and y'know, make people aware of the game more than what I already freaking do).

Either that, or it's a very different version of P5, with an all new team (excluding Morgana).

Either way, the potential of FEMC pleases me greatly.

Here's the translated dialogue.

Male voice: What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?
Female voice: I think helping people is a wonderful thing.
But if I had to choose, I wouldn't say I like them.
That won't truly reform the world -- won't really help people, I feel.
Ultimately, I feel it has to be up to the people themselves to solve their own problems.

I'm now of the opinion P5R is a parallel storyline to OG P5 either as a new game or DLC (I think DLC). Then P5 OG will also come to Switch.

For fun, from DeathChaos

Here's the translated dialogue.

I'm now of the opinion P5R is a parallel storyline to OG P5 either as a new game or DLC (I think DLC). Then P5 OG will also come to Switch.

I mean, she could also be lying to whoever is asking her that (I believe it's the JP Akechi Voice when it comes to that).

I could see it go either way in that aspect.

Either way..this seems to be exclusive for the PS4. However, there has been a rumor of another domain, P5S; being the Switch port.

With how Atlus has handled Catherine, with redoing a lot of that; I am curious to see what changes they make to P5.

Last edited:
I keep hearing good things about it and if it's $20 (which I've seen on Best Buy and other sites) that seems like a good price for me to bite. But should I wait to see if one of these is a newer edition with the same game plus more content? or wait to see if it comes out on the Switch?

I keep hearing good things about it and if it's $20 (which I've seen on Best Buy and other sites) that seems like a good price for me to bite. But should I wait to see if one of these is a newer edition with the same game plus more content? or wait to see if it comes out on the Switch?

Persona 5, is great as a replay game; but I would expect putting in a lot to play it in time (as runs can range from 90-100+ hours).

It's hitting the Greatest Hits for 20 bucks next month, as I'd highly recommend it. And it's possible that the Switch version has differences from both the standard, and potentially The Royal.

__

Why I think the gal in the teaser, is FEMC..relies on a techincal note from the Jack datamine for Smash.

More specifically, there was a technical note, that allowed for ponytails to be enabled for the physics engine. And as people know..Ren (as I call him)/Joker doesn't have that.

However, she does. And she's one of only two characters in Persona 5 to have the pony tail.

Last edited:
For those interested, Atlus will be streaming Persona Super Live on NicoNico, as they will be revealing information on Persona 5: The Royal on the 24th, and giving the first look of Persona 5 S on the 25th.

Additionally, it will be also streamed on Twitter, and will be free to watch after the first 30 minutes of the show in JP time.

Coming back to this, as it seems..pertinent.

Persona 5: The Royal, seems to be a full on soft-reboot, similar to Catherine: Full Body. And it seems to be the version with the most content out of any potential future version of the game so-far. And with the PS5 seeming supporting backwards compatability with PS4, this may be the ultimate version to try.

October 31, 2019 for Japan, 2020 for other territories.

giphy.gif

I am giddy with excitement and anticipation, god it's so good looking.

Gonna go take a guess to..something.

Persona 5: The Royal, is indeed the Golden; enhancing and adding in new content, but after the Okumura case, Kasumi becomes the 8th member of the Phantom Thieves. And in the process, it's her instead of Akechi for the immediate for Sae's palace. And as the game continues, Yab uses Kasumi as a form of..third-man, as she inconveniantly steals the dreams and desires of the various Phantom Thieves. And the finale is set where Joker saves the members, and sees all the various dreams/desires that they hold; while stopping Yab and saving Kasumi.

And after the Sae Palace, Akechi becomes involved; determined by the choices you make with you and your confidants, and could result in a good or bad ending.

A guess, but it could make a lot of sense given the context of the trailer.

Fansubbed version:

Last edited:
Reactions: DK745 and snayberry
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers, is P5S; and it will be released on the Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch as a Muosu style game.

D4__qTnXkAAvKh9.jpg

D5ACTQhWAAAgAj_.jpg:large

The trailer should come in a few minutes..

Koei Tecmo (Fire Emblem Warriors/Hyrule Warriors, Dynasty Warriors) is on-board of the endeavor, as no release window has been given for the title.

Last edited:
As I was planning on a PS5 and going to get P5R when that time comes, I don't mind this as much.

That raises questions now for what the last four trademarks that Atlus has filed are for..
P5 - Persona 5
P5R - Royal
P5S - Scamble
P5D - Dance
P5U - ???
P5AG - ???
P5A - Persona 5: The Animation
P5B - ???
P5M - ???