Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else

How is it in your neck of the woods?
About the same as you in Buffalo. It's cold but just a bit windy. I recall colder days when it was really windy & blizzard like. So far this isn't all that bad......Back when I used to cross country ski in the nearby mountains, my sister & I got hit by a heavy snow blizzard in minus degree weather. We couldn't see more than a foot or two in front of us and got lost for a bit. It got so cold that my mustache broke off. :lol:

About the same as you in Buffalo. It's cold but just a bit windy. I recall colder days when it was really windy & blizzard like. So far this isn't all that bad......Back when I used to cross country ski in the nearby mountains, my sister & I got hit by a heavy snow blizzard in minus degree weather. We couldn't see more than a foot or two in front of us and got lost for a bit. It got so cold that my mustache broke off. :lol:
:what::lol: Wow that’s pretty cold, if icicles start hanging off mustaches and eyebrows you know it’s cold outside. That actually reminds me of the time I went to Whistler Blackcomb in BC to ski, we went up to the summit and it was the same thing. You couldn’t see 1-2’ in front and you had to hang on to the guide rope just so you would know where you are and where to go.

:what::lol: Wow that’s pretty cold, if icicles start hanging off mustaches and eyebrows you know it’s cold outside. That actually reminds me of the time I went to Whistler Blackcomb in BC to ski, we went up to the summit and it was the same thing. You couldn’t see 1-2’ in front and you had to hang on to the guide rope just so you would know where you are and where to go.
Lot's of mustache icicles when cross country skiing....The coldest I've ever been was in Burlington, Vermont on the shore of the super super deep Lake Champlain. It's a really wet cold and hurts to breathe even.

Lot's of mustache icicles when cross country skiing....The coldest I've ever been was in Burlington, Vermont on the shore of the super super deep Lake Champlain. It's a really wet cold and hurts to breathe even.
Edit: can’t get the gif to work

Yikes that’s cold

Last edited:
I’ll chime in that seeing the news of other places, we are getting off rather good. Forecast for 7 degrees here and 9 the next two days.
Sun. Mon Tues. & Weds are supposed to be in the 50's. Hell, that's what Orlando's been getting for parts of their weeks lately. ;):lol:

ImmoYVK.jpg

After the record setting freeze, the local deer forage for any traces of green they can find... even putting green.

It’s an ice tsunami that was from yesterday’s wind storm that produced hurricane strength winds of up to 75 mph. This was taken across the Niagara River in Canada right near the Peace Bridge one of the 3 international border crossings in our area. They actually had to evacuate an area just south of Buffalo because the ice piles were starting to impinge on the houses.

Edit: This is the area that had to get evacuated

Last edited: