Pixar's Elio (2025) | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar's Elio (2025)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 25, 2014
Amongst all the various release date changes, Pixar released the trailer for their 1st film of 2024, Elio.

When Disney was announcing various films a while back, this is the one I was intrigued by the most, and that still stands. It looks like a fun sci-fi concept, so I look forward to seeing more of it.

Elio is scheduled to release March 1st, 2024.

Considering the past few weeks, I've seen Nightmare Before Christmas 4DX, Taylor Swift x2, Beetlejuice (Dolby), and Britney's Crossroads, they just might have to keep getting creative about what content is coming to theaters next year.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
tbh, 2024 was a majorly overstuffed year for movies and many were going to fail because of just how many were on the schedule. I think theaters will be fine, it just won’t as the past few.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Elio has been pushed over a year from March 2024 to June 2025.

Considering I was actually looking forward to this one, it's definitely a bummer. Meanwhile Inside Out 2 is still scheduled for 2024, and that's yet to even put out a trailer. In ways, I can understand why they wanna' keep IO2 since the first was such a critical darling, but on the other hand I'm just not as interested in that one.

Considering I was actually looking forward to this one, it's definitely a bummer. Meanwhile Inside Out 2 is still scheduled for 2024, and that's yet to even put out a trailer. In ways, I can understand why they wanna' keep IO2 since the first was such a critical darling, but on the other hand I'm just not as interested in that one.
It seems Pixar wants to move to one film per year with a June release.

It seems Pixar wants to move to one film per year with a June release.

Which is oddly the way it should be.

Seriously, every time Pixar put out two films in one year, one of them was considered mediocre and the other is considered amazing.

Which is oddly the way it should be.

Seriously, every time Pixar put out two films in one year, one of them was considered mediocre and the other is considered amazing.
Yeah, I hope this is a more permanent move and quality control can be restored at Pixar. It certainly can’t hurt for the films to not be rushed so there’s two per year.