Planning my first Universal Orlando non family trip! | Inside Universal Forums

Planning my first Universal Orlando non family trip!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 4, 2009
New York
I am pretty inexperienced with this kind of thing, but think I have the core idea. I'm the planner, and the plan is to book the package on the actual Universal Orlando site. We want to stay at the Hard Rock, but for some reason just now...it stopped appearing on available hotels after choosing dates in the summer(preferably June).

And one of my friends is contemplative about it, won't have a definitive answer until March. Is it going to be a problem to wait until mid March or even early April to book for a June based trip? And if so, would a travel agent be a better creative alternative if everything hits the fan.

Also attempting to keep it in the low 2,000s price for the actual vacation package, meaning between 500 to 600 a person...4 people in this group.

Thank you in advance! Could really use some advice from people other than the folks!

I am pretty inexperienced with this kind of thing, but think I have the core idea. I'm the planner, and the plan is to book the package on the actual Universal Orlando site. We want to stay at the Hard Rock, but for some reason just now...it stopped appearing on available hotels after choosing dates in the summer(preferably June).

And one of my friends is contemplative about it, won't have a definitive answer until March. Is it going to be a problem to wait until mid March or even early April to book for a June based trip? And if so, would a travel agent be a better creative alternative if everything hits the fan.

Also attempting to keep it in the low 2,000s price for the actual vacation package, meaning between 500 to 600 a person...4 people in this group.

Thank you in advance! Could really use some advice from people other than the folks!

Try two things. First price things out separately versus all in a package. That way you can break down how much it is person separated. You may find it cheaper that way. Also if you end up booking room only you know how much it will be and so if you friend decides last min to join the trip you can just have him give you his share of the room and not have to worry about getting a package.

Second call Universal directly and see what the going rate is for the hotel, also ask for any discounts available like AAA, if you were a pass holder or FL resident that may help with a better rate also. Ive stayed onsite multiple times and have even gotten a room the week of our trip, but this was also pre potter so im sure they may fill up quicker along with higher rates.

Last edited:
Jmaff, what length of trip are you planning? I'm not sure about the on-site hotels, but it's not unheard of to get discounted rates for longer stays at hotels. Keep in mind that the price for 3 is gonna be different than for 4 at an on-site hotel. I've seen it run $25 more per extra person, per night, after the first two people per room. Also, while on-site resorts are great, sometimes during peak seasons the high rates are not worth it and you might be better off staying at a nearby hotel. Though the express is a big perk. There's several things to weigh in.

The length of stay will also help to better advice you in terms of tickets, since it might be better for yourself or your group to get APs. Then if you have an AP, it changes everything with possible discounts, etc.

These are just a bunch of thoughts that come to mind right now. If you give us some more info, I'm sure we'll be able to help you out a bit more :thumbs: