Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Play! Pavilion

An interactive virtual playground is very “Epcot” to me. The park desperately needs kid-friendly fare and this checks a lot of boxes. An under-utilized pavilion is finally being repurposed in a beneficial way. That’s a solid win for me.

This may or may not have a ride in it, but the park has other rides coming, so that doesn’t bother me. Not everything should be a ride.

“under the dome of the un-named pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life.”

So, does this mean the pavilion will not have a name? Or that the pavilion is without a name currently? Does Disney not call that pavilion “Wonders of Life” today?

It means the new pavilion has not been given an official name yet. Internally, it is still called WoL.
That's what I figured but it was a strange phrasing. It almost seemed like the author was trying to overemphasize the fact that the pavilion has no name.

We've reached the period of the day where I'm overanalyzing the announcements because I've got nothing better to do

Just realized the concept art for this place looks exactly like this scene from Ralph 2:
ralphbreakstheinternet_b.jpg

You even see Zootpia fox guy walking by in concept art looking like he does walking by in that scene in the film.
I imagine when the higher ups saw this scene, they handed out bonuses all around and immediately ordered this to be implemented into the parks.

On a more newsworthy note, supposedly the dome will use projection mapping on a massive scale to create the visual seen in the concept art.

Work has apparently started on this. It should be a rather boring project to follow as everything will be contained inside the dome for the most part, much like Runaway Railway has been.