Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pokemon Go

May 17, 2010
New York
So I'm sure I'm not the only one here that's downloaded the game. Anyone have any tips on where they've got certain Pokemon? Any rare ones caught? I think my rarest find which is a bummer because I couldn't catch it was a Meowth at a red light. As soon as he appeared, the light turned green and I had to put the phone down

I heard that there was a Pikachu near the Rhino on the Jungle Cruise. The wait went up to two hours in minutes.

Ha no way! I'm curious to see what people have been catching around the parks. I'm getting tired of all the Pidgeys, Weedles, Nidorans etc in my neighborhood

I haven't been to a park with Go yet, but we were driving by Magic Kingdom yesterday and I checked to see where some of the Stops were located. There's actually two IN Journey of the Little Mermaid itself, by the dancing fish and by the second Ariel AA. Guess I finally have a reason to actually reride it now! :lol:

I've been catching left and right, going into any metropolitan area seems to bring out an assortment. Also, lots of people don't seem to realize that if you drop a pokeball or miss the pokemon, before it disappears you can tap it to get it back.

I've been playing on and off, what's hilarious is I can tell who's playing the game as I'm going around my day. People at my local mall, driving home from work, at the grocery store, etc. It's awesome.

*edit*

Requests for Future Updates of Pokemon GO

1) Friends. I want a friends list, ability to trade, chat system, "trainers near me" function, and a team interaction system beyond gyms. I want to stand next to @JungleSkip and battle.

2) Advanced gym battling. Tapping the screen over and over is super stupid. Also a way to wipe the gym or have the team wear down so it's not one super powerful team forever.

3) Performance and battery life. I think some optimization and new APIs will help in the future.

4) More customizable options for clothes and looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the things I'd like is push notifications when certain Pokemon are near.

Has anyone caught any of the ghosts yet?
My wife caught a Ghastly last night. Actually, it may have hatched from an egg, I can't recall for sure.

My rarest find was a Venusaur (though it had relatively low CP) in the Kmart parking lot across the street from my house... At around midnight. This thing has taken over my life in an unhealthy way.

My wife caught a Ghastly last night. Actually, it may have hatched from an egg, I can't recall for sure.

My rarest find was a Venusaur (though it had relatively low CP) in the Kmart parking lot across the street from my house... At around midnight. This thing has taken over my life in an unhealthy way.
I finally got a bulbasaur yesterday and then right afterwards got an Ivysaur (CP 147). My strongest so far is a Weepinbell at 160, but if I get lucky it looks like there is an Abracadabra hanging around outside somewhere.

I'd like a better system for capturing those real world Pokemon pictures. If you could just click a pokemon you wanted out in the real world that'd work, some way to further interact with them outside of gyms since it's supposed to be Pokemon in the real world.

It's hard tracking these things down. Took a walk and saw a Charmander near by. Kept walking around only for it to get further. It's hard to pinpoint the exact location. Hatched an egg and got one I already had, Horsea.