Portofino Bay Refurb? | Inside Universal Forums

Portofino Bay Refurb?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 25, 2010
Florida
Does anyone know if there is a planned renovation for Portofino? The rooms are looking really dated and for the price it is about time that the whole place gets a nice redo.

The hotels rooms are getting redone too. Here's a photo from Trip Advisor

loews-portofino-bay-hotel.jpg

and another

Last edited:
The hotels rooms are getting redone too. Here's a photo from Trip Advisor

"http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/f9/04/42/loews-portofino-bay-hotel.jpg"/></a><br/>This photo of <a href="http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d123528-Reviews-Loews_Portofino_Bay_Hotel_at_Universal_Orlando-Orlando_Florida.html">Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando</a> is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Purdy!

Any chance the portifino bay hotel will be renovated before fall 2014? Opened in 2002 renovated in 2007 so hoping they consider it ever 5 years. Going in 2014 and was excited to stay there but there are a lot of troubling reviews on tripadvisor about roaches and the general worn out dirty look of the rooms. Thoughts?

Any chance the portifino bay hotel will be renovated before fall 2014? Opened in 2002 renovated in 2007 so hoping they consider it ever 5 years. Going in 2014 and was excited to stay there but there are a lot of troubling reviews on tripadvisor about roaches and the general worn out dirty look of the rooms. Thoughts?

It was just renovated, exterior and rooms, in 2012. See posts above :p

I'm do dumb I meant to say royal pacific. Royal pacific refurb coming?

:lol: No worries! I'm not sure about the RP :shrug: It's actually my favorite on-site hotel. I've stayed at all three, but I keep going back to the RP, not just for the price (RP tends to be the lowest priced of the three) but because I love the feel and style of it. As long as I've stayed there, I've always seen the resort be in tip-top shape. It's possible they do touch-ups frequently, plus it's the newest of the three, so I'd guess it wouldn't need as much work as the other two.

I'm sure that if any renovation or big work is planned for the RP, someone will point it out as they find any permits or notices of commencements :thumbs:

:lol: No worries! I'm not sure about the RP :shrug: It's actually my favorite on-site hotel. I've stayed at all three, but I keep going back to the RP, not just for the price (RP tends to be the lowest priced of the three) but because I love the feel and style of it. As long as I've stayed there, I've always seen the resort be in tip-top shape. It's possible they do touch-ups frequently, plus it's the newest of the three, so I'd guess it wouldn't need as much work as the other two.

I'm sure that if any renovation or big work is planned for the RP, someone will point it out as they find any permits or notices of commencements :thumbs:

Thanks so much!! So hopefully the bad reviews are just people who just can't be pleased