Possible Pirates Refurb | Inside Universal Forums

Possible Pirates Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yep. Mermaids are being added. Not sure if it is just one mermaid or more than one. I heard at least one mermaid is being added to the beginning of the ride, before you travel into the main show scenes. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Florida's Pirates of the Caribbean is in very rough shape. Most likely this is not to add anything new from a fourth movie that was the least memorable of the series and the least popular. Disney has no money making opportunities in adding something on that scale. This is most likely for the broken maintenance issues as well as maybe the projection show element for Blackbeard that has been out. Major work needed for that. Will most likely return with rotating Davy and Blackbeard like Disneyland just got.

Florida's Pirates of the Caribbean is in very rough shape. Most likely this is not to add anything new from a fourth movie that was the least memorable of the series and the least popular. Disney has no money making opportunities in adding something on that scale. This is most likely for the broken maintenance issues as well as maybe the projection show element for Blackbeard that has been out. Major work needed for that. Will most likely return with rotating Davy and Blackbeard like Disneyland just got.

This is what I thought, its been out now for a few weeks if I'm not mistaken. Also the audio is out at the drop.

Reactions: Cwoolboy

I can tell you there is a plan to add at least one mermaid, maybe more, to the beginning of the ride. I don't think they will be added throughout the ride. And I cannot tell you that this permit IS for the mermaid addition or not. The mist projection for Blackbeard, from reading reports online, seems to have not been working the last few weeks. Maybe this permit is just for some general and much needed maintenance. But, there is a plan for mermaids to be added. Now, whether they go through with that plan is another story.

I think the idea might be to make it randomized. Not that I agree but pretty sure thats the idea.

Exactly, which is why they left it open at the end for apossible 5th and 6th movies.

People love the Sparrow character, and Depp is a great actor. The movie was fun, was it ground breaking? No, but it wasn't a bad movie in any sense of the word.

Regardless, no matter how they try, the first movie has an air to it that can't be duplicated.

So when sould this refurb begin/end ? And I have yet to watch the 4th movie

This kind of stuff can be done Third shift. The thread is titled potential refurb. WDW is horrible at shutting down their attractions and IF there ever is a mermaid deal going into play, it would just most likely be a projection because it is the easiest way to toss in movie stuff. And yeah, one could argue there are ALWAYS a zillion plans in the works, but bean counters. I don't see a mermaid going into the ride at all.

WDW needs to get a lot more aggressive with their refurbs. I know they don't want to ruin anyone's vacation by having closed attractions but they need to announce them far out in advance, put the info on their website, let reservations agents know and have them notify guests so they can plan around it if need be, etc. A ride closure shouldn't be a guest relations nightmare, having defunct rides should be the guest relations nightmare. Let's hope the BTMRR refurb is a step in the right direction.

Exactly, thats why in Orlando we don't get the HM overlay or any other "specialty" rides including, Ghost Mountain....I wish we had Ghost Mountain.

Too many people from around the world visit and they want things to be original and not seasonal.

While I agree with the decision not to have Holiday Overlays (because I will always side with the high value tourists) Disney needs to take AGRESSIVE steps to preserve their investments.

Plain and simple, what happened at the Tiki Room is only a glimpse of what else is to come if they continue to let old systems run into the ground.

Pirates needs a massive overhaul on the level that the Haunted Mansion received... not Space Mountain

And Extending park operating hours on a common basis, cutting more corners and then tossing in Park running 24 hour like gimmicks are not going to help it either.

While I agree with the decision not to have Holiday Overlays (because I will always side with the high value tourists) Disney needs to take AGRESSIVE steps to preserve their investments.

Plain and simple, what happened at the Tiki Room is only a glimpse of what else is to come if they continue to let old systems run into the ground.

Pirates needs a massive overhaul on the level that the Haunted Mansion received... not Space Mountain

:mad: Only because I love the Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay...not like I have made it known or anything :lol: Also just for conversation sake Ghost Galaxy was AMAZING!