Pretzels | Inside Universal Forums

Pretzels

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mad Dog

V.I.P. Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
some stuff I have had a change to look at...I did enjoy the season! Side note...freakin' Annie Anne's...that smell grabs folks tummies or something....their is one in that little space by the Blues Brothers and over at IoA it is open by Spidey...and the lines...the $$ being brought in...WOW!!!

38554422712_02895663a2_k.jpg

38554475292_2090ed29be_k.jpg

37698878425_84fff61ebc_k.jpg

38554518652_a31416cf2f_k.jpg

38554499102_f1dddf1fa3_k.jpg
At the mall last Saturday Christmas shopping. There was an Auntie Ann's there for the first time. I told Alene that people on IU are always raving about it, but don't know why, after all it's just another pretzel place. Man, was I wrong about just another pretzel place. That was like 100 times better than any I ever tasted before. Distinctive and super tasty. I'll never be able to eat a generic pretzel again.

Last edited:
At the mall last Saturday Christmas shopping. There was an Auntie Ann's there for the first time. I told Alene that people on IU are always raving about it, but don't know why, after all it's just another pretzel place. Man, was I wrong about just another pretzel place. That was like 100 times better than any I ever tasted before. Distinctive and super tasty. I'll never be able to eat a generic pretzel again.

Funny thing (to me)...the bag the pretzels come in state that it was founded in 1988 when a couple opened a pretzel stand in PA....I still do not get why you lot all come to FL to try something that started up there! :D

Hearing someone say they just tried Auntie Ann's Pretzels for the first time gives me flashbacks to the 90s. I mean, have you never had a Cinnabon either? Weird.
Walked by the Cinnebon many a time but they look too rich for my tastes....I never saw an Auntie Ann's in my neck of the woods until this year.Now, it appears a bunch of them popped up. Kennywood even had two locations for their Holiday Festival this season.

I use to work by the Florida Mall and would go there a couple times a week for lunch. Several of those trips included a detour to Auntie Ann's.

Love love love love love love LOVE me some pretzels.

Reactions: TDBLMT and Mad Dog
So we now have a thread..on Pretzels.

Solve that mystery Steve. ;)

I use to work by the Florida Mall and would go there a couple times a week for lunch. Several of those trips included a detour to Auntie Ann's.

Love love love love love love LOVE me some pretzels.

When I was at the Galleria in Vegas back in April, I had myself some Auntie Ann's. And that I will say this, it's a beautifully tasty pretzel in so many ways.

Reactions: Legacy and Mad Dog
Well deserved. :):lol: Pretzels are a crucial part of the theme park experience. ;) at the very least, a munch of a AA pretzel is probably a superior experience to a trip to the Fear Factor or Primeval Whirl attractions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legacy
I ate Auntie Ann's for the first time last June by the amazing adventures of Spider-Man ride. I smelled something really good and just ended up in front of the small stand. The first bite I took of that cinnamon sugar pretzel, I think all I ate that day were AA's pretzels. AMAZING.

SO let me the jerk in this "Pretzel" thread and say that I don't like AA pretzels. They have way too much butter on them. I prefer a traditional giant German pretzel found at most bier gardens. Also Mustard is HIGHLY important to the pretzel experience. The best pretzel in the world, without a good stone ground mustard, is worthless.

Cinnamon on your pretzel? GTFO of here with that nonsense. Congrats you just ate a donut shaped pretzel or churro.

No I like my pretzels with extra butter on them. Salted with cheese dipping sauce.

Bavarian pretzels are too dry for me. I hate mustard and I hate the cheese sauce they have at Disney for pretzels but it's great to dip Disney popcorn in. Try it.

Their lemonade is really underrated and goes great with the pretzels. I seriously hope Universal is going to expand the AA stands to other areas of the parks because the parkwide pretzels get hard really fast. I never understood why that's still an issue after all these years; Disney used to have hard pretzels but that changed once the Mickey pretzels were brought over.