Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage

Andy

aka Hatetofly
VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Well there is stuff out there about this so I figured I would jump start a few of our more detective like readers to contribute some documentation. Let the new project speculation begin!

What we have on Parkscope about it:

Well, another big permit haul over the past few days. First, we'll cover Project 766 which has gotten some traction from Hatetofly. From what we've discovered on the water management site, this project is for improvements to the TM parking area behind Universal Studios Florida. The documentation about the project calls out a past permit and project detailing parking improvements. The 766 documentation says that past project is part of this project as well. While HTF is a very solid source, there's nothing in the permits that has us getting our hopes up for a new attraction out of this.

That's interesting because some of the other projects but not all the project location actually corresponds with the address listed for the permit. Google and Apple maps place the address listed with project 766 as being right next to Harry Potter's show building. Bing maps says it's right at Jurassic Park.
Now obviously this can mean nothing as the address doesn't always directly correlate with the project location but often does

That's interesting because some of the other projects but not all the project location actually corresponds with the address listed for the permit. Google and Apple maps place the address listed with project 766 as being right next to Harry Potter's show building. Bing maps says it's right at Jurassic Park.
Now obviously this can mean nothing as the address doesn't always directly correlate with the project location but often does

Irrelevant. It's just a random address for back of the house Universal. The work is being done in the Basin north of USF, which includes TM parking, the apartments, and the area behind MIB and Simpsons. With the information we have, it's for parking, not an attraction.

Irrelevant. It's just a random address for back of the house Universal. The work is being done in the Basin north of USF, which includes TM parking, the apartments, and the area behind MIB and Simpsons. With the information we have, it's for parking, not an attraction.

Oh I'm sure you are right. I didn't check the water management stuff. I just thought it was interesting.

Am I the only one who thinks TM parking is still a little exciting? :lol:

I think it's exciting...because if TM parking includes the building of a garage, that may signal expansion happening that requires some of the land which is currently a parking lot

I just want to go on the record publicly by stating the reason I thought JP is because the project number is coming soon, when I'm not sure but soon. As for the TM parking garage being the only part of this "project" ehhh I feel like if others knew about that crazy ass rumor I talked about AT THE SAME time I announced the team member parking garage they could see why I feel like this isn't just a garage but hey I've been wrong before so no big deal if I'm wrong again.

Btw why is the Senior VP of attraction design and development in Creative involved in this "parking" garage but not the other parking and transportation projects? Think about that for a second.

I just want to go on the record publicly by stating the reason I thought JP is because the project number is coming soon, when I'm not sure but soon. As for the TM parking garage being the only part of this "project" ehhh I feel like if others knew about that crazy ass rumor I talked about AT THE SAME time I announced the team member parking garage they could see why I feel like this isn't just a garage but hey I've been wrong before so no big deal if I'm wrong again.

Btw why is the Senior VP of attraction design and development in Creative involved in this "parking" garage but not the other parking and transportation projects? Think about that for a second.

We'll see. Could definitely be more. But right now it doesn't seem significant.

If it is an attraction, it will be between MIB and Simpsons

Those same caliber of people were also involved in Project 37.

WiJXKvh.jpg

Last edited:

Obviously I cant speak for everyone but I think that regardless of your accuracy, people just enjoy having things to talk about. It doesnt matter if youre wrong, or even if youre right for that matter...I think we all just enjoy having things to speculate about, something we would be missing without your information. If every aspect is completely right or completely wrong, I dont think it matters as long as theres info coming in :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's exciting...because if TM parking includes the building of a garage, that may signal expansion happening that requires some of the land which is currently a parking lot

Nope...there are backstage TM buildings standing in the way of the park and the parking lot, so youre not going to see the park expand to back there. Furthermore, the whole point of the garage is to fit the new employees all the new projects will be bringing in (that lot is very full as it is now)...theyre going to use all the space possible.