Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Psychoscareapy: Unleashed

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
The criminally insane inmates of Shadybrooke Asylum have escaped and unleashed their horror onto a Halloween block party in the streets of New York. Come join the party goers as the inmates kill for the best Halloween costumes for their very own special costume contest where you will be the judge. Oh, and this will be one of the bloodiest scare zones ever!

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All “Psychoscareapy: Unleashed“ discussion goes here.​

Easily my most anticipated, just the thought of these lunatics running around and causing havoc at a fall festival gives me giddy joy. I can only imagine the terrible things they'll think of for costumes. Hopefully it'll be more packed than the purge zone from last year

I wonder what the actors will look like, I have never really liked the inmate look but since there will be halloween costume contests I wonder if they will be dressed up

I hope this zone looks like the parade from Trick R treat

Thrilled about this!

Noticed yesterday that the on the "shadybrook sanitarium" bus the word "sanitarium" has been taped over. Are there really day time guests who might take exception over the word? Or is it because of RTU this weekend?

I definitely like it that a scarezone and a house will tie in with each other.

so does anyone know what the actors in this zone look like or something? any pics or vids? I don't know how to search on periscope but I heard there were videos. Very curious about what this zone looks like

Weakest Scarezone of the preview night IMO. Has a ton of scareacters in it but most of them are just playing crazy people as if they are the distractions, the problem is there's no scares. The street is too wide and not fogged enough. It's hard to tell the story that they're trying to tell. The costumes aren't very good and I saw a couple purge masks. There are several vignettes to cause a spectacle but they are not used as effective distractions. I hope they fix this one going forward. They need more scares. There are two chainsaw guys that hasdscares. Everyone else was just walking around aimlessly. I get that the area is too big to do an effective scare zone but it needs fixed... asap!!!

From the videos I really love the portrayal of the patients they're going with here. It's not just laughing maniacally crazies (although some are) but the way it was casted, some really do seem mentally deranged. There was one video I saw of one character just standing in front of the burning gazebo, not scaring, not moving, just staring, almost like he's reflecting what he did. Also I mean this in the most positive way possible but some of the people they casted legitametely look like people you'd see in an asylum. The elderly actors especially, they're nuts!!!! I'm reserving all judgement until I go tonight but this one looks like a winner to me

Weakest Scarezone of the preview night IMO. Has a ton of scareacters in it but most of them are just playing crazy people as if they are the distractions, the problem is there's no scares. The street is too wide and not fogged enough. It's hard to tell the story that they're trying to tell. The costumes aren't very good and I saw a couple purge masks. There are several vignettes to cause a spectacle but they are not used as effective distractions. I hope they fix this one going forward. They need more scares. There are two chainsaw guys that hasdscares. Everyone else was just walking around aimlessly. I get that the area is too big to do an effective scare zone but it needs fixed... asap!!!

From the videos I really love the portrayal of the patients they're going with here. It's not just laughing maniacally crazies (although some are) but the way it was casted, some really do seem mentally deranged. There was one video I saw of one character just standing in front of the burning gazebo, not scaring, not moving, just staring, almost like he's reflecting what he did. Also I mean this in the most positive way possible but some of the people they casted legitametely look like people you'd see in an asylum. The elderly actors especially, they're nuts!!!! I'm reserving all judgement until I go tonight but this one looks like a winner to me

I've never liked crazy patients too much (they are more boring than Zombies in my opinion) so I was wondering if they were going to have at least crazy costumes on, (or masks made of flesh)
but from the video I saw it seems they are just going the same regular patients. which, is not bad, it is just not that cool

I don't know, in a house the patients are kind of scary but in the street.. well I guess I'll have to see it in person.

(I kind of wish they gave them skin masks or covered them in blood, cover their heads and shoulders in blood or have them make masks out of body parts or something..)

this IS a "Halloween Party" scarezone after all... I expected the patients to "Create" their own costumes.

Last edited: