Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (DWA) | Inside Universal Forums

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (DWA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Deadline has reported, that along with the release date for the upcoming The Bad Guys, that DreamWorks Animation will be moving forward on a continuation of the Puss in Boots series--with Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish will be directed at DWA by Joel Crawford and produced by Mark Swift, marking this their next big project following The Croods 2. Antonio Banderas will be returning to don the character, as this marks the first time in a decade that the Shrek Franchise will be getting a notable sized investment. Previously, there was talks that Melandandri was wanting to make a revitalization of the Shrek franchise, but that was early on when Comcast bought DWA.

The film will be releasing on September 23rd, taking Universal's slot for an event film on that day.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
YESSSSSSSSSS

The first Puss in boots was wayyy better than it should have been...felt very much like a mix of Indiana Jones and Shrek

Trailer dropped today, and with a whole new look, too.

Looks pretty fun, and the stylized animation is a nice surprise as well. Once again, I'm really digging animation studios are going more in a stylized direction. I'll take those any day over one that's trying to look as realistic as possible.

Like the art, but I feel like they've made Puss more bragadocious and quippy versus self-serious. It's almost like a reboot given how different the tone of this film is, both in style and character.

Like the art, but I feel like they've made Puss more bragadocious and quippy versus self-serious. It's almost like a reboot given how different the tone of this film is, both in style and character.
Also I think the film is set after the series's on Netflix, no idea if those shows are cannon and affected the characters in anyway

As Annecy continues on, Puss in Boots has debuted a new trailer and for those at the festival; got to see 30 minutes. It sounds like they're taking darker tones and subjects more intimately in place, with Brother's Grimm as a notable inspiration alongside mortality and the subject of death..all in a Puss in Boots movie.

Yeah, DWA has me hooked on this.

easily my favorite animated film or the year and close to my favorite with everything, everywhere all at once

two amazing antagonist, other great side characters and just more imagination then you’d think from a not just a sequel film but any animated film coming out these day

I hope dreamworld keeps this up, especially with Kung fu panda 4