Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Putting Annual Pass on Hold

Mar 24, 2019
i have an annual pass that i pay the total on rather than per month or whatever payment plan they have.
So everything i say only pertains to an AP that is paid for the year, dont know what they do for APs on a payment plan.

i usually go to universal orlando every year for HHN.
this year HHN is closed; i have asthma; you have to wear masks in the heat (i would die); yada, yada, yada.
so i called up customer service, explained that i only go during HHN time, they closed HHN, could i please put a hold on my AP cuz i wont be coming this year.
took a while on hold, but customer service came back and told me that they could invalidate my current AP and create a new AP for me that has the same amount of time on it as my current pass does (i had 8 months left on it).
New AP will be waiting for me to claim it when i decide to go to Universal again (have to go pick it up at customer relations; they gave me a code).

So if the current state of affairs makes it unlikely that you will go to Universal this year, Universal is understanding and willing to work with you.
I am very satisfied with my outcome and customer service was really very nice and helpful.
Hope this helps someone.

i have an annual pass that i pay the total on rather than per month or whatever payment plan they have.
So everything i say only pertains to an AP that is paid for the year, dont know what they do for APs on a payment plan.

i usually go to universal orlando every year for HHN.
this year HHN is closed; i have asthma; you have to wear masks in the heat (i would die); yada, yada, yada.
so i called up customer service, explained that i only go during HHN time, they closed HHN, could i please put a hold on my AP cuz i wont be coming this year.
took a while on hold, but customer service came back and told me that they could invalidate my current AP and create a new AP for me that has the same amount of time on it as my current pass does (i had 8 months left on it).
New AP will be waiting for me to claim it when i decide to go to Universal again (have to go pick it up at customer relations; they gave me a code).

So if the current state of affairs makes it unlikely that you will go to Universal this year, Universal is understanding and willing to work with you.
I am very satisfied with my outcome and customer service was really very nice and helpful.
Hope this helps someone.
Wow, I might try mine, I haven't been since Thanksgiving despite being local (sorta)

This is good information. Thanks for posting this. I have a similar question. I'm out of state but bought a season pass (as a way to make it cheaper to go 2 years in a row). I specifically bought the one that gives you 15 months instead of 12. Hypothetically, if I choose not to use this season pass until the year 2024, would I still have 15 months or is that something that expires in 2021?

i basically gave all the info i have on the situation.
i would suggest calling up the AP phone line and asking.
I would assume that Universal allowed me to do this only because of the mexican beer virus and HHN cancellation this year.
Cant imagine that they would be good with postponing to 2024, but what do i know?

This is good information. Thanks for posting this. I have a similar question. I'm out of state but bought a season pass (as a way to make it cheaper to go 2 years in a row). I specifically bought the one that gives you 15 months instead of 12. Hypothetically, if I choose not to use this season pass until the year 2024, would I still have 15 months or is that something that expires in 2021?
That is a question worth calling for.