Pyrrock and Blizzrock | Inside Universal Forums

Pyrrock and Blizzrock

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 20, 2009
Isla Nublar
I've been searching and searching and I haven't been able to answer this question. Where are the dragons named? I know for a fact Merlin did not mention these names during the stained glass preshow. Was there a plaque near the statues? Did Merlin mention it later? Was it just something one of the LC designers mentioned once during an interview? Any kind of lead or proof would be greatly helpful.

[video=youtube;NrXF-1siyjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrXF-1siyjQ&feature=related[/video]

This is the only video I could find, and it's pretty poor quality. But I can't make out where it would be said :shrug:

I have a full transcript of the stained glass pre-show and it's not mentioned there. I wonder though if it was mentioned in Merlin's rhymes through the rest of the queue; those "You've passed the point of no return. Your only choice: to freeze or burn!"

I have a full transcript of the stained glass pre-show and it's not mentioned there. I wonder though if it was mentioned in Merlin's rhymes through the rest of the queue; those "You've passed the point of no return. Your only choice: to freeze or burn!"

Oh cool! Any chance you could post that transript. These were the warnings I found while searching:

"Turn right for Ice and left for Fire! Now, pick the dragon you desire"

"The left burns hot, the right turns cold, whichever you choose, you'd best be bold"

"Past this point of no return, your only choice is freeze or burn"

"Turn left for Fire, turn right for Ice! I know not which is best advice"

"Earthworms and rancid beer, why on earth are you still here?"

"You do not listen to this old magician, and so you'll need a good mortician"

"If you continue along this path, you will face the dragons wrath"

The thing is it became a part of something just as strong. Lore. The actors playing Merlin would sometimes mention it among other creative design people talking about the attraction. It is a part of its mythos.

That being said, think of it this way...

the word Ewok is not mentioned once in the ENTIRE Star Wars saga.

The thing is it became a part of something just as strong. Lore. The actors playing Merlin would sometimes mention it among other creative design people talking about the attraction. It is a part of its mythos.

That being said, think of it this way...

the word Ewok is not mentioned once in the ENTIRE Star Wars saga.

True. I knew their name from the 1985 film, Ewoks: Battle for Endor.

It is possible that the construction crews named them that or that the company in upstate NY who created the statues named them in the workshop. A nickname can stick very hard, as I am sure some of you can attest.