Q3 Results | Inside Universal Forums

Q3 Results

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A return to the concept of 'adding' to the guest experience, instead of the "Blackstone" policy of 'subtracting' from the guest experience, and funneling most, if not all, profits back to the investment company. This says a lot. AB took good care of their parks, and decent attendance & revenue resulted. Blackfish was never the real problem, Blackstone was......Even the non Sea World parks suffered under the Blackstone tenure.

Looking at attendance- how much does that rise have to do with coasters you think? (Aside from everything else they have to offer).

Coasters do bring people in. Which is why I welcome JP/JW’s new coaster in IOA with open arms.
I think they certainly create a buzz...Pretty sure that attendance bump is 50 percent from vloggers haha

Seriously though, this is very exciting

Reactions: IOAGuy
Combination of factors working for SeaWorld as I see it:

-Disney & Universal pricing more and more people out of their parks
-More diversified attraction offering (rides as well as shows and animal attractions)
-In park events have proven to be extremely popular this year and give passholders a reason to return, all the Electric Ocean shows from Ignite to Shamu's Celebration were packed this summer
-Animal activist attacks from PETA and others gaining less traction than before, long may it continue.
-Free beer! :grin:

When it comes down to it, Orlando is a service economy with mostly low wage jobs. The people who make the tourist industry possible can't afford to enjoy the attractions on a regular basis. SeaWorld Orlando is offering them a theme park experience they can afford to take their families to. Regional theme parks like Six Flags/Cedar Fair/SWP&E will always have a market because not everyone can afford the Disney/Universal experience all the time, and they do offer some things that Disney/Universal do not, particularly in the realm of thrill rides.

SeaWorld's new strategies combined with the lack of Blackstone's bloodsucking is paying off, and having a management team who actually knows the parks from the top down will continue this streak.

When it comes down to it, Orlando is a service economy with mostly low wage jobs. The people who make the tourist industry possible can't afford to enjoy the attractions on a regular basis. SeaWorld Orlando is offering them a theme park experience they can afford to take their families to. Regional theme parks like Six Flags/Cedar Fair/SWP&E will always have a market because not everyone can afford the Disney/Universal experience all the time, and they do offer some things that Disney/Universal do not, particularly in the realm of thrill rides.

SeaWorld's new strategies combined with the lack of Blackstone's bloodsucking is paying off, and having a management team who actually knows the parks from the top down will continue this streak.
You can tell that the management really enjoy the parks...Most of which have been working for the company for a very long time

Reactions: ragerunner
About a year ago, when Dragons closed and SWE was still tanking (no pun intended), I was beginning to fear that Florida was no longer a profitable market for big coasters (still don't understand the hate people here seem to have for them). Thankfully, between SWE's really good year and F&F being a critical bomb, there's reason for hope in that regard.

Oh and :x: YOU, PETA! :nana:

Last edited:
Fantastic news. Pleased to say I stayed true to my support for Seaworld throughout. There’s work to do, but this is encouraging progress. Just wish I bought shares when they were rock bottom