Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Quick Thoughts from 3-Day Trip

Jul 10, 2012
chattanooga, tn
Rides-- Caveat, this is my first trip to Universal in two years so Kong, Fallon, and FNF was all new to us. im certainly a theme park apologist but i really enjoyed Fast and Furious. Good effects fun time. Kong was cool, PERIOD, great themeing cool story great AA at the end.
-also i cant say enough how much single rider helps with rides
-FJ had a 10 minutes wait at 1030 this morning, i was shocked to see this. Hulk and Kong had the longst lines all three days

Food- was an absolute home run this trip. First time for Toothsome and we freaking loved it. i had the rib eye sandwich at it was incredible. Vivo was also great. Tremendous service and quality food.

Hotel- What can i say about Cabana Bay but we re DVC members so we e stayed at some nice deluxe resorts and this place is my wife's favorite

Transportation- by far better than disney. never waited

one more thing Voodoo is a huge hit, there were voodoo boxes being carried around ll over the place. we went to voodoo at about 10 last night and there was an hour wait to get doughnuts

Great time once again at UOR probobly wont be back for a couple of years

Good to see you had such a great time. Yes, we love CBBR too. Such a fun, beautiful resort at a really affordable price. Two really good pools and a fun, usually uncrowded, lazy river. All that neon lit up in the evening is stunning. And never have to wait for a bus. Just about always two are lined up. We absolutely love Kong. Contrary to what some say, Kong must be pretty popular with the GP. Even though it has high capacity, it just about always has one of the two longest lines on a daily basis in both parks. Hope you got to ride it in the dark. It's even better.Toothsome is great. Vivo has a nice interesting menu. You need to try Cowfish also, it's very good. ...and yes, Single Rider is the secret plus. We use it often if we're not staying at the deluxe hotels. And Universal goes all out with Single Rider, unlike Disney. It's on most of the good attractions and the TM's fill the seats with single riders quickly & efficiently....Universal is the complete vacation package if you stay on site. That keeps it relaxing since it's so easy to move from hotel, to the parks, to Citi Walk, and back to the pool when it gets too hot or hectic.

Good to see you had such a great time. Yes, we love CBBR too. Such a fun, beautiful resort at a really affordable price. Two really good pools and a fun, usually uncrowded, lazy river. All that neon lit up in the evening is stunning. And never have to wait for a bus. Just about always two are lined up. We absolutely love Kong. Contrary to what some say, Kong must be pretty popular with the GP. Even though it has high capacity, it just about always has one of the two longest lines on a daily basis in both parks. Hope you got to ride it in the dark. It's even better.Toothsome is great. Vivo has a nice interesting menu. You need to try Cowfish also, it's very good. ...and yes, Single Rider is the secret plus. We use it often if we're not staying at the deluxe hotels. And Universal goes all out with Single Rider, unlike Disney. It's on most of the good attractions and the TM's fill the seats with single riders quickly & efficiently....Universal is the complete vacation package if you stay on site. That keeps it relaxing since it's so easy to move from hotel, to the parks, to Citi Walk, and back to the pool when it gets too hot or hectic.
yeah we probably needed two more days to get the full experience

Rides-- Caveat, this is my first trip to Universal in two years so Kong, Fallon, and FNF was all new to us. im certainly a theme park apologist but i really enjoyed Fast and Furious. Good effects fun time. Kong was cool, PERIOD, great themeing cool story great AA at the end.

Did you ride F&F first, or Kong first?

Do you feel like one was affected positively or negatively by riding it first or second?
Example- I would think that if you rode Transformers first and have never ridden Spiderman, you'd like it better. And I'm curious if that's the same with F&F if you haven't ridden Kong.

And how would you compare the 2 on a scale of 1-10?