Radiator Springs Racers vs Test Track | Inside Universal Forums

Radiator Springs Racers vs Test Track

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

RSR or TT

• Radiator Springs Racers

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • TestvTrack

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
What ride do you think is better? Do you think one of the two is more thrilling then the other? What one do you think has the overall Wow factor?

RSR:
Ornament_Valley.jpg

Radiator_Springs_Racers_hill.jpg

Test Track:
lightbox

test-track.jpg

Screen+shot+2012-12-02+at+9.34.57+PM.png

Last edited:
IMO the old test track is better then the new one. But it seems as if test track goes faster then RSR.

They both use the same ride system, and um, that's about all test track has going for it.

RSR hands down is better in all aspects.

Great poll

Story: RSR
Effects: RSR (New TT is close second)
Thrill Level: RSR
Epcot's Only Hope: TT

TT is a neat concept, but lacking in a lot of places..not saying it is terrible in either of its forms..RSR is lightyears better though

RSR hands down looks really impressive and seems like a better overall ride. I cant really say for sure since I have yet to ride it. Test Track is fun but cant really compare it to RSR. Ride in warehouse < Ride in extremely themed environment.

TT top speed around 65mph while RSR top speed is around 40mph

From my entry in the top ten darkride thread, and obviously it's ten times the attraction either version of Test Track is.

IMG_6405.jpg

The ride overall is very very good. Without a doubt the best thing from Disney in a VERY LONG TIME! The Pro's of the attraction are the visuals, AA's, and race segment. The con's include the length, a an even shorter dark ride section, and a true wow moment. The ride weaves in and around the massive rock work which just adds to the realism of such a massive looking attraction. The forced perspective makes it even appear larger and you believe it. Everest would pale in comparison next to this beast. Then you have the Audio Animatronics which were arguably the best I've ever scene anywhere. From the character movement to the facial expressions they were flawless and probably my favorite part of the attraction. On the other side of things this ride IS SHORT! From the moment you enter the mountains til you cross the finish line is just over two minutes. The dark ride section doesn't last but maybe 75 seconds. All in all the ride is right at the 4 minute mark. While those two minutes of the bulk of the ride are amazing it does leave something to be desired. Its also missing that never been done before WOW moment. You know like 5th dimension in ToT, ending in Indy, the first screen in Spiderman, the FJ ride system, and so on. I'm not harping on the ride by any means as it is an amazing attraction and easily the best thing to come from WDI stateside since the 90's. So yes its awesome, is it the best attraction in the park yes. Is it the best attraction at DLR, no. That title still belongs to Indy. If I was to place RSR's in my top ten dark rides which I obviously would it wouldn't make the top 5 but then again that list is damn hard to beat.

Just based POV videos there is no comparison..period... and theming is second to none on RSR...next to WW in IOA, its the best.

Ehhhhhhhh. I dunno if I'd go that far. I think things like Mansion, ToT, and DL's Pirates are better than RSR, among others.

I think the comparison is like if you separated the FJ show building from the rest of WWoHP. :lol:

Test Track would equate to just the show building, while RSR would be the fully immersive environment.

Don't get me wrong Test Track is fun, but they could have done way better. The inside portion is lacking, and there is no level of believability. The Anti-lock brakes ride? :rofl: I was telling a friend about the ride, and he asked how is that any better than driving to the park in the morning :pound:

I never made it to DL when I went out to that area. It is on my to do list though.