Ratatouille @ French Pavillion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Ratatouille @ French Pavillion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no faith in Fitzy. His utter hatred of Tony Baxter is evident in his Imagination redo (F Figment) and I'm not just going to blame Eisner for that. If it weren't for the fans Figment still wouldn't be in that attraction. It was obviously Tom's mission to destroy Imagination.

I have no hope in an Imagination redo now. All we can hope is that at some point a proper re-imagined Imagination, one of the many proposals sitting around WDI, ends up in an Asia park. Isn't Shanghai supposed to get an EPCOT? That's it's only hope.

I would be surprised to see an Epcot tried ever again..perhaps a feature in a Tomorrowland expansion..Although WestCot was originally planned for Cali and never happened...so their could be plans

Imagination right now is a travesty. It needs a massive update ASAP. The loud cars, outdated CGI and loss of thought makes it one of the worst rides in the resort. If they could bring back dream finder, add the trackless ride system and make it set in a ACTUAL imagination land then it would be one of the best rides in the resort. Think TDO....please

Last edited:
Fitzy is a political animal within WDI so I don't see him fighting to do anything great. He's also probably worried he can be the next ushered out ala Tony Baxter. And I'm not all that confident in what he can do period.

Am I the only one who thinks World Showcase needs less rides. They should close all the movies and the 2 rides in there or ask separate admission for them. The whole thing should be on itself and should have an entrance price of 30 bucks to pay for the fireworks. They should open it at noon for lunch until 10 PM for dinner. This thing is a shopping and dining experience in a highly themed environment.

Future World should be on it's own. It should be re imagined in Villan's, Star Wars and Marvel (yes they should shower Uni with money to get the theme park rights back, I bet 1 billion will do the trick). This 3 pie parts park could be an absolute hit if done right.

People are already paying $90 bucks to visit WS, so why would they charge less. PLUS, I belive Disney already has an "after 6" discounted price for Epcot..no?

If Disney gave Uni $1B for the Marvel rights, then maybe my dream of an LOTR themed land would come true, because I so see it going where Marvel is, and I LOVE Marvel. No getting rid of rides, just rethemeing them.

Am I the only one who thinks World Showcase needs less rides. They should close all the movies and the 2 rides in there or ask separate admission for them. The whole thing should be on itself and should have an entrance price of 30 bucks to pay for the fireworks. They should open it at noon for lunch until 10 PM for dinner. This thing is a shopping and dining experience in a highly themed environment.

Future World should be on it's own. It should be re imagined in Villan's, Star Wars and Marvel (yes they should shower Uni with money to get the theme park rights back, I bet 1 billion will do the trick). This 3 pie parts park could be an absolute hit if done right.

Yeah, that's a pretty horrible idea. :)

EPCOT is a great park. It needs better attractions. It could easily be as good, even better, than Disney Sea.

Funny you mention the two areas being split..as they were designed that way and then literally *takes shot* pushed together...I cannot imagine an Epcot in half..

Oh and Future World should be about the, um, future..Star Wars needs to stay in HS, Marvel is thankfully Universal's for the time being, and the Disney Villains need their own MK section..
I do get your point that Epcot seems like an overly themed food court with a few rides though..and if people are into that, let them buy a $90 ticket..I'm not going back to Epcot till they build something wowing though...

What i've heard is that no one creatively is impressed with the Ratatouille ride, so the "same" thing coming to Epcot is unlikely. A ride of some sort based on it? Maybe, but likely not that particular one.

Japan's main sponsor is Mitsukoshi. Mitsukoshi likes money. Mitsukoshi sells lots of Ghibli stuff. Mitsukoshi would have to surrender a large portion of their complex/floorspace to allow the addition of an attraction at this point. So, it's possible but it's not terrible plausible.

Big Hero 6? No, floppity flop flop.

- - - Updated - - -

To note, France is the only place to serve breakfast in World showcase (well, open without a reservation) and one of very few places to even offer breakfast at Epcot.

Frozen-strom would need to open with the park, it just has to. Frozen plus low capacity plus tiny space does not equal opening at 11am. Unless you want a second rope drop comprised of angry people with strollers trampling the whole of the Mexico pavilion. If it's open with the park and drawing crowds, they need food. The Kafe in Norway is not capable of handling this. They need more food options.

Plus, more people in World Showcase who are not adults drinking (that is seriously like 85% of the population on a regular night). They've got to do something to accomodate Frozen coming to norway outside of Norway itself to make the park work.

I thought Big Hero 6 was 10x the movie Frozen was, as was Wreck It Ralph....unfortunately neither will see a legit Disney attraction because they don't appeal to little girls.

As for Ratatouille in France, it would've been better than Frozen in Norway. At least it actually takes place in France.

I've seen all 3 of those movie ls with my little girl and she likes all of them, but frozen is on a whole other level