Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So they're going with a green show building. Should be enclosed within a month or so. Martin hinted that work on the new walkway/courtyard that will lead up to the ride entrance will begin very soon.

Reactions: Alicia
I'm assuming they're going with green in the hopes that the building blends into the foliage and that they won't theme the lagoon-facing side with any sort of facade.

Reactions: Alicia
I believe the lagoon side will be themed.
When you’re walking by it it’s 95% covered by trees already. Looks like they planted more. I didn’t even notice it at first today.

Of course it’s still very visible from across the lagoon, so they’ll have to paint it somewhat nice for that view.

A look at the show building when standing between France and Morocco, pretty hidden actually.

P1150911.jpg

P1150907.jpg

A look from across the lagoon:

P1150942.jpg

P1150943.jpg

Look at the clearing of land for new path/pavilion expansion:

P1150879.jpg

P1150880.jpg

P1150884.jpg

P1150890.jpg

P1150892.jpg

P1150899.jpg

Pics from my latest construction update: Epcot Update: Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster, Ratatouille Ride, Space Restaurant Construction & Norway Bakery Open – Orlando ParkStop

Am I the only one who thinks it’s ridiculous that Disney will take 3+ years to build GotG. While Diagon Alley at Universal was built in 2.5 years and is considered the most immersive themed land in the world. In case we are all wondering why Disney’s budgets always seem high, well I vote that it’s because they have to pay labor for 3.5 years for something that should have taken no longer than 2 years. Guys standing around leaning on shovels for a year and a half gets pricey.

Another thing that is crazy to think about is that the budget is thought in the $300+ million range for this ride while DA cost $250 million total. WTF Disney?, man it’s like you have a room full of 3 years olds crunching numbers.

Yeah, openings should look like this the next few years:
  • Runaway Railway/Skyliner - Summer 2019
  • SW:GE - Late Fall 2019
  • Ratatouille - Summer 2020
  • GotG - Spring 2021
  • TRON - Summer 2021

Even if I think a few of these are just kinda Meh, it's a good time to be an Orlando theme park fan, especially adding in everything coming from Uni. Fun times ahead

Am I the only one who thinks it’s ridiculous that Disney will take 3+ years to build GotG.

You are definitely not the only one. I can't say this definitively, but I'm fairly certain it will be the longest construction timeline for a single attraction in decades. 3+ years to build one ride, and roughly 4 years starting from the announcement. TRON will give it a run for its money, too.

Even Ratatouille (to bring things back around to the subject of this thread) is going to end up taking substantially longer than its Paris counterpart did, from announcement to opening.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
They can limit the trees if they just paint the building to match the Morocco Pavilion on that end of it where it’s visible.
I think they're just going to paint the whole thing green like the back (except for the entrance facade facing france's expansion of course). After painting it green, throw up more trees right up against it and hope no one notices.

It is most noticeable from inside Morocco so far, but I don't think they've planted any new trees on that side yet.

It will probably be green, but I do prefer the sky-blue look like the Soarin' building, maybe even with clouds painted on like we've seen done before, but that's IMO

All they need are trees to cover up the show building. Biggest problem will be the skyliner.

Thus, if they built a few more attractions and filled in the blank spots (along with trees to keep it looking green), they could actually hide most of the Skyliner. Or I could be wrong. The towers might be too tall. However, the closer you are to the attractions, the harder to see over them.