Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And I get where people are coming from when they say they dislike IP in some respects. Most of those people are lifelong Disney fans that have watched classic after classic go by the wayside with IPs replacing them... Spaceship Earth is really the last of it's kind ride (uber long original ride) after UoE and GMR die off.

But at the same time, theme parks are changing and we have to adjust with it. We can't just keep pretending it's 1982 and that really any of EPCOT Center's original principals are still alive (at least in Future World). If people want to keep reliving the past through Martin's videos, then that's great, but we should be embracing the present too.

That is unless we want to live miserable lives.
I've shared my thoughts on Epcot before....so nobody kill me again haha....But I always saw Future World as an expanded Tomorrowland...And World Showcase as a clash of the real and imaginary from different countries...

I've shared my thoughts on Epcot before....so nobody kill me again haha....But I always saw Future World as an expanded Tomorrowland...And World Showcase as a clash of the real and imaginary from different countries...
EPXOT Center was eventually designed to emulate the 1964/65 NY World's Fair with corporations doing the major (futuristic) pavilions and a few nations scattered around the back end.

Coming from an outsider/non-Epcot fan, I think Ratatouille is probably the least sinful implementation of IPs the park has ever had. It's not replacing Impressions, it's expanding the pavilion, the ride takes place in Paris, France, and sits closely with the culinary theme that the French pavilion and WS in general focus on. It's honestly the most perfect way to implement an IP into Epcot. You'd have to be obnoxiously purist to hate that. :rolleyes:

so have the reviews on this one been pretty poor? I haven't heard a lot about this ride, but it doesn't seem to be super popular from what I have heard.

EPXOT Center was eventually designed to emulate the 1964/65 NY World's Fair with corporations doing the major (futuristic) pavilions and a few nations scattered around the back end.
There are many elements from the WF that carried over to MK as well..

Future World is changing though

The only issue I have with the ride is that it relies so heavily on the screens. While I enjoyed SeaWorld's "Antarctica" ride, I'm just not a big fan of the trackless ride vehicles in regards to their design (they look like giant hockey pucks.... which would be fine if it was a Mighty Ducks ride.. MAKE IT HAPPEN DISNEY!!!). It's a cute ride, but looks a tad underwhelming. Although I'm sure thats just from the perspective of the video & its a much better experience in person. Since it is a food related ride, I'm guessing this ride is filled with all kinds of scents?

Wouldn't mind seeing this ride as an indoor heavily themed wild mouse coaster, since there are different types nowadays. Thats all I could think of seeing the little mouse ride vehicles. lol

This will be a good addition to the France pavillion at EPCOT. Didn't they add Remy to the restaurant as a mini meet-n-greet a few years back?

Anyone else think Magic Carpets of Aladdin would've gone great in Morocco in the space between it and Japan? Of course, I could only picture WDWMagic's meltdown if that had been the case. :rolleyes:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Anyone else think Magic Carpets of Aladdin would've gone great in Morocco in the space between it and Japan? Of course, I could only picture WDWMagic's meltdown if that had been the case. :rolleyes:
If it wasn't *technically* in Morocco, maybe. But, as I understand it (and I could be wrong,) I believe Moroccan culture doesn't allow characters in art, so I doubt a cartooney spitting camel and monkey with a genie lamp wouldn't work there. For the Egg hunt at Flower and Garden they place the egg on the farthest edge of the land because it has a character's face on it. For Figment's scavenger hunt at Arts Festival it was the only painting that didn't have Figment in it (in fact it was just tile shapes.) All the art and murals on the walls of the Morocco pavilion are geometric tile mosaics for this reason. And I think it would be insensitive to place character depictions there (besides, ya know, Jasmine, that works I guess because she's a real person, and not an artistic representation through a non-living medium.)

That. And you know, the fact that Aladdin takes place in a made-up city in the Middle East based on a story that takes place in Baghdad, (which itself was based on a story that takes place in China, believe it or not.) In any case, it's a completely different place and culture than Morocco, a country in North Africa. But then again, that doesn't stop Disney from shoving Jasmine in there or Frozen into Norway, so what do I know. I guess they figure, hey, it's an Arab country, close enough.

Also, fun fact: I saw concept art for the Flying Carpets ride in Adventureland in the manager's office when I worked at Jungle Cruise in 1996, 5 years before it opened. When I asked why they weren't building it yet they said they had to do some extensive foundation work for the weight of it to be held. Guess that had to do with Utilidor stuff. Thought it was cool when it eventually opened years later. Looked exactly like the concept art they had up.

I think the ride vehicle for this attraction is sick. It's a gutted rat! They took a rat, gutted the top and you have to sit between its intestines. They did it with Dombo (after they cloned him and shoved him on a stick) and now it's gutted rat bolted on a hockey puck. Those imagineers have some messed up brains.

Reactions: Alicia
Looking forward to riding this at DLP in a few weeks, do we know if the Orlando version will be a direct clone?

Looking forward to riding this at DLP in a few weeks, do we know if the Orlando version will be a direct clone?
Virtually so. The queue will have some differences and the restaurant won't be there (as Epcot's France already has quite a few restaurants), but the ride portion should be pretty identical.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Virtually so. The queue will have some differences and the restaurant won't be there (as Epcot's France already has quite a few restaurants), but the ride portion should be pretty identical.

I thought as much, thanks for confirming :thumbsup:

I will update with my thoughts on the ride next month.

Reactions: Nick