Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ray Rush: Opening Spring 2018

I find it odd that they're replacing a slide for this rather than building it on its own. Looks short and to the point, although I'm left wondering what the thought process was for this one. Almost seems like it should have been something originally larger in concept than what they're actually building.

When you're business is is looking to control costs on new attractions you replace rather than add. Labor stays the same but there is a new draw for guests. Six Flags has used this approach for the past few years as a way to add new attractions but keeps costs down.

Kinda sad a park that will be turning ten years old is already replacing a perfectly good slide for another. This won't help with park capacity at all...
The slide looks cool enough, just wish it actually had some animal interaction. That was supposed to be part of this park's hook...and yet they haven't added a single attraction with more animals.

I don't think they have any room for an animal habitat on the site that they have chosen for Ray Rush, especially with it sharing a splashdown pool with Walhalla Wave.

I find it odd that they're replacing a slide for this rather than building it on its own. Looks short and to the point, although I'm left wondering what the thought process was for this one. Almost seems like it should have been something originally larger in concept than what they're actually building.
They have very little room that can be used for a quick expansion, hence it is cheaper and easier to replace Hooroo Run. Hooroo Run also was odd, in that it only allowed two people, hence, no single rider, and the only way you could ride with three, is if the third person was a child. Anyway, I'm very excited for this, especially since you kind of will be launched into the sphere, then go down in the Tornado Wave element.

They have very little room that can be used for a quick expansion, hence it is cheaper and easier to replace Hooroo Run. Hooroo Run also was odd, in that it only allowed two people, hence, no single rider, and the only way you could ride with three, is if the third person was a child. Anyway, I'm very excited for this, especially since you kind of will be launched into the sphere, then go down in the Tornado Wave element.
Yeah there were some really weird and stupid rules with that slide. When I first visited we rode four in a tube, but sometime down the road that changed...
They have plenty of places they could expand this park, they just aren't choosing to do the extra work to get the additional land.

I understand the idea of doing a wave element - that part makes sense and even looks like a ray's wings, but the boost into a globe element is just flat out odd.

Yeah there were some really weird and stupid rules with that slide. When I first visited we rode four in a tube, but sometime down the road that changed...
They have plenty of places they could expand this park, they just aren't choosing to do the extra work to get the additional land.

True, they actually have a lot of room, but it would require changing the exit road. Personally though, I think they should build a large parking structure that serves both Seaworld and Aquatica, and then most of the current parking space could be used for expansion. Of course, the'd have to completely redo the entrance in both parks. But well, with the financial state they are ...

I understand the idea of doing a wave element - that part makes sense and even looks like a ray's wings, but the boost into a globe element is just flat out odd.
It is kind of random...I'm eager to see if it adds anything view wise, or if it merely for "Ooh that looks neat" effect.

It looks cool but just saw we lose HooRoo Run to get it. So we lose a raft ride to gain a raft ride. Meh.

HooRoo is basic but fun. This is better, but I don't feel the park lends itself to replacements vs expansions just yet.

HooRoo is basic but fun. This is better, but I don't feel the park lends itself to replacements vs expansions just yet.
The company is in financial trouble and looking to save money but still attract guests with new attractions. Replacement is the way to do that. Yes, in a perfect world every park would only add things and never take away things, but that's not how business works. By replacing they maintain the same staffing and maintenance costs while still adding something new.

Yeah HooRoo is a bit of a waste...This will certainly be a plus
Opinion of course.

I really enjoyed it. To me it was like Wet N Wild's Bubba Tub ride lived on at Aquatica...and then I find out they're taking it out.

Oh well...guess I'll have to go to the Dells to ride a slide like that again.