1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Ray Rush: Opening Spring 2018

Discussion in 'Discovery Cove and Aquatica' started by Brian G., Oct 12, 2017 at 2:35 PM.

1. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

2. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

Looks interesting.

3. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

This looks fun. The Volcano Bay family slides like this are a blast.

4. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Member

I find it odd that they're replacing a slide for this rather than building it on its own. Looks short and to the point, although I'm left wondering what the thought process was for this one. Almost seems like it should have been something originally larger in concept than what they're actually building.

SeaWorldRocks likes this.
  5. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

When you're business is is looking to control costs on new attractions you replace rather than add. Labor stays the same but there is a new draw for guests. Six Flags has used this approach for the past few years as a way to add new attractions but keeps costs down.

P@n!K_Sw1tC# likes this.
  6. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

Kinda sad a park that will be turning ten years old is already replacing a perfectly good slide for another. This won't help with park capacity at all...
    The slide looks cool enough, just wish it actually had some animal interaction. That was supposed to be part of this park's hook...and yet they haven't added a single attraction with more animals.

SeaWorldRocks likes this.
  7. MakoMania

MakoMania Newcomer

I don't think they have any room for an animal habitat on the site that they have chosen for Ray Rush, especially with it sharing a splashdown pool with Walhalla Wave.

8. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

They have very little room that can be used for a quick expansion, hence it is cheaper and easier to replace Hooroo Run. Hooroo Run also was odd, in that it only allowed two people, hence, no single rider, and the only way you could ride with three, is if the third person was a child. Anyway, I'm very excited for this, especially since you kind of will be launched into the sphere, then go down in the Tornado Wave element.

9. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

Yeah there were some really weird and stupid rules with that slide. When I first visited we rode four in a tube, but sometime down the road that changed...
    They have plenty of places they could expand this park, they just aren't choosing to do the extra work to get the additional land.

anihilnation likes this.
  10. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Member

I understand the idea of doing a wave element - that part makes sense and even looks like a ray's wings, but the boost into a globe element is just flat out odd.

11. Mr. EPCOT

Mr. EPCOT Veteran Member

I think the one they're replacing it with is kind of a boring one.

12. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

True, they actually have a lot of room, but it would require changing the exit road. Personally though, I think they should build a large parking structure that serves both Seaworld and Aquatica, and then most of the current parking space could be used for expansion. Of course, the'd have to completely redo the entrance in both parks. But well, with the financial state they are ...

Cheezbat likes this.