Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Raya and the Last Dragon

Surprised no ones commented on this. Considering all fans ask for is original content and here it is!!! Very interested in this project. Great premise with an interesting cast. Can’t wait to hear more!

I think this is Disney’s attempt at a HTTYD type franchise.
Ya that’s a fair guess. Also, Awkwafina is EVERYWHERE right now!! Power to her. She was outstanding in The Farewell. One of my favorite working today! I’d see her in anything tbh her range is great.

Ya that’s a fair guess. Also, Awkwafina is EVERYWHERE right now!! Power to her. She was outstanding in The Farewell. One of my favorite working today! I’d see her in anything tbh her range is great.
Especially with Disney! Eternals, Raya, and Mulan. Elsewhere, she was just in Angry Birds 2, and will be in Jumanji: The Next Level, Spongebob 3, as well as her own show on Comedy Central.

She’s going full Dwayne Johnson right now :lol:

I..I wonder if this may actually of gotten overhauled, as I don't recall Kelly being the main lead.

Additionally, they got new writers and new directors added.

Canadian actress Cassie Steele was originally the lead. After the past couple of months, it's a no-brainer to give the role to someone who can actually represent the region portrayed and avoid another case of whitewashing.

I'm super surprised at the main choose

I'm sure she will do fine but man did she get hate from the SW community, just a little surprising but like I said sure she will do fine. I'm pretty excited about this film and would love it to be a movie like Ralph that gets a sequel

I really wish that they hadn’t announced the concept art for the dragon and revealed that it was Akwafina.
I feel like the dragon’s full appearance and Awkwafina’s previous work (not including The Farewell) lends the dragon to being a sassy, “Hey Girl” type character, which doesn’t match with the marketing. I feel like that is intended to be the film’s twist, but it feels somewhat spoiled.

From that trailer, I'm quite intrigued! It's nice to have another original film to look forward to, especially since the recent sequels haven't really done much for me.

Disney Cross Avatar

Should be fun and god I hope the Dragon is not Sassy. Things being opisote of what you except isn't clever anyone more its been done to death

Raya will NOT be shown in Cinemark theaters due to it playing on Premiere Access and Disney not willing to give the theaters better terms to make up for the movie going on PVOD early (which Warner has done).

Raya will NOT be shown in Cinemark theaters due to it playing on Premiere Access and Disney not willing to give the theaters better terms to make up for the movie going on PVOD early (which Warner has done).

Disney loves to Nickel and Dime People. They have amazing Stock prices and goodprofits but can't even give an inch to help Theater Partners.

Disney can do it because of who they are but really screwing over the theaters which confuses me because without those they will not be making many more movies like Raya,