Re-Designing Old Universal rides for a New Era? | Inside Universal Forums

Re-Designing Old Universal rides for a New Era?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Redesign F&F completely...Haha kidding kidding

Enclose JAWS in a show building and have it in the middle of a thunderstorm'

Do Mummy as a "Monsters" attraction rather than just The Mummy

Twister would actually be a storm chasing "ride" rather than show

Toon Lagoon would be Nickelodeon land (past its prime now)

Neat thread

Back to the Future would be #1 on this list of course.

November 12th, 1955.........

1. Load area- An indoor recreation of this scene, complete with storm effects on the ceiling.
latest

2. Once inside the vehicle you can see the Clock Tower in the distance (also indoors)
bttf_lightning_2.jpg

3. Now the car starts and you are riding down the street....
maxresdefault.jpg

4. An Animatronic Doc hangs from the clock
images

5. Then this happens (including flame effects)
DarkDelectableIndigobunting-max-1mb.gif

6. And in a flash your car goes to the next room...where you travel in time (using screens, so the experience can be randomized). Its a time machine so the scenes could literally be anything and everything. Lots of variety.

7. The time circuits change to today's date (would always be the exact correct date), miraculously sending you back to current day, where you exit the vehicle and then pull out your phone to post on Inside Universal forums how you just rode the greatest ride of all time.
back-to-the-future-time-circuit-board.jpg

To bring back Ghostbusters, the obvious angle would be to take a page out of Men In Black: Alien Attack's playbook. Interactive shooter through New York environments (maybe a hotel or apartment building) with animatronic ghosts and projection mapping. Climax like the old Ghostbusters Spooktacular show with a confrontation with a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man AA (from about the neck up, say).

make Hanna Barbara a kiddo coaster with vr googles.
keep jaws a boat ride but enclosed and in the dark.
kongfratation was PERFECT
ghost-busters meets ninja turtles show with cameo's from he-man,street sharks,and tiny toons.
make earth quake a full ride with multiple scenes and more plosions and no pres how.

To bring back Ghostbusters, the obvious angle would be to take a page out of Men In Black: Alien Attack's playbook. Interactive shooter through New York environments (maybe a hotel or apartment building) with animatronic ghosts and projection mapping. Climax like the old Ghostbusters Spooktacular show with a confrontation with a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man AA (from about the neck up, say).

I would absolutely love this.

Reactions: belloq87

My dream Ghostbusters ride would be 1/2 Men in Black, 1/2 Tower of Terror. Your car works its way up through the apartment building from the movie, until at the top you see Stay Puft, and drop.

My dream Ghostbusters ride would be 1/2 Men in Black, 1/2 Tower of Terror. Your car works its way up through the apartment building from the movie, until at the top you see Stay Puft, and drop.

I'd be all over that. We cross the streams, Stay Puft starts to explode, and we plummet back down to ground level just in time to see (probably projection mapped) melted marshmallow splash down onto the streets before we return to load/unload.

I picture Jaws as a round raft ride (ala Popeye), but with a drop out of a flooded fish-packing plant. Built in a New England area with a lighthouse, big bar and seafood grill, a swinging ship themed to a fishing boat, and an “Amity Fair”section with midway games, a Ferris wheel, and a simple kiddie spinner/boat ride (it is perpetually the 4th of July, after all). And of course, the big fiberglass Bruce photo-op.

I’d love to see that in the new park; have Jaws return to Orlando like King Kong did, but we’ll see. It would be a nice addition.