Ready or Not (2019 Movie) | Inside Universal Forums

Ready or Not (2019 Movie)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 7, 2018

I saw this movie last night after loving the first trailer that came out and it was a ton of fun.

It had plenty of gallows humor, inept in-laws and murderous malfunctions were abound. I highly suggest for anyone looking for funny movie that does delivered on the blood and moderate gore.

Of course, the whole manor looks like it could be a fun HHN house, but Fox Searchlight means the House of 1000 Mouses, so that's a no go.

It's new, old-school in feel, and not based off of some IP so I'd love to see this movie do well.

Good to hear it was enjoyable! I remember seeing the first trailer and it was giving me major You're Next vibes, which I dug! Definitely got HHN feelings from it too, but maybe we could just see something similar in theme at some point

It’s too bad Disney hung this movie out to dry. There was virtually zero marketing effort for this film.

It’s too bad Disney hung this movie out to dry. There was virtually zero marketing effort for this film.

Really? I mean maybe it's just because I live in LA, but I've seen the trailer in front of about 80% of all the movies I've gone to see for the past few months. Plus a decent amount of posters/billboards.

Really? I mean maybe it's just because I live in LA, but I've seen the trailer in front of about 80% of all the movies I've gone to see for the past few months. Plus a decent amount of posters/billboards.
I haven’t been to the movie theater since FFH before this so I can’t speak to that, but the only place I’ve seen buzz for the movie is online, most of it unofficial, although it’s been getting GREAT reviews and is sitting at an 89% RT score.

I feel like this is a movie that deserves more than the $5M it’s projected for this weekend.

Reactions: HereWeGo
I don't mean to beat a dead horse but the movie did pull in $7.5 million in the weekend for a total gross of $10+ from its midweek opening.

I really hope this movie finds some legs because we need more movies like this.

I actually saw this movie Sunday.. Not a huge horror fan, but I was pretty entertained the whole movie. Samara Weaving was excellent.

Reactions: MrBlonde
I don't mean to beat a dead horse but the movie did pull in $7.5 million in the weekend for a total gross of $10+ from its midweek opening.

I really hope this movie finds some legs because we need more movies like this.
I only see this pulling $25-30M total domestic, unfortunately.

While my town was playing the film, it was only me and a +1 for when we saw the film.

In all reality, it's unfortunate, as I rather liked the film. Felt like a mix of the comedy of Cabin in The Woods with the horror from Your Next. It's really thanks to the ensemble cast, as I love the chemistry from everyone involved with the film.

You're Next meets Cabin in the Woods is a good comp.

Film was a total riot of a fun time. Wholly recommend.

Reactions: MrBlonde
I don’t see this lasting very long in theaters with these numbers. IT Chapter 2 comes out September 6 so that’s going to wipe it out.

I saw this last night and enjoyed the heck out of it! Tons of dry and dark humor (The old Cruella lady was great!) and a great suspenseful surprise! It's really a shame this isn't doing so hot because it deserves a whole lot more than what it's earning. That would mean more money for Disney but at least there's more incentive for some original content.

Reactions: Clive
I saw this last night and enjoyed the heck out of it! Tons of dry and dark humor (The old Cruella lady was great!) and a great suspenseful surprise! It's really a shame this isn't doing so hot because it deserves a whole lot more than what it's earning. That would mean more money for Disney but at least there's more incentive for some original content.
Personally, I think they want to de-incentivize original content. This movie shouldn't have had this release date (sending it out 2 weeks before IT: Chapter 2 is practically hanging it to dry) and the marketing that it did have was very weak. This could've been a strong Spring Horror release, imo.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
That old aunt looked like someone out of a Haunted Mansion painting to me.

I'm not against giving Disney money (heck, I've got stock so I want it to do well) but I do think strong original content should be supported in the marketplace. People complain about the remakes Disney has been doing but when 2 of them each made a billion this year when the movies are less than 30 years old, we're doing it to ourselves.

If I was the exec in charge of this movie, I feel like doing this as counter programming to Valentine's Day could've made it a strong success.

Reactions: Freak
Had fun with this. Didn’t love it as much as everyone else though. I think the trailer did way too much for this movie. Still fun though, and man was the lead fantastic. Hear laughing as they all blew up was so satisfying