1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Remake a Past HHN Maze

Discussion in 'General Horror Nights Discussion' started by hhnlover, Feb 25, 2018.

1. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

bring back means awil in 25 and remake like ghost town in 26,

bring back- the thing assimilation, the old psycho houses, and vampyr from 14

remake - gothic, creatures [with creatures this time ], and remake the original havoc with better sets.

2. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

Dark Torment
    Hell High
    Jungle of Doom

3. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

The original Scary Tales was excellent...I also wouldn't mind them bringing back Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays

The original Screamhouse updated to modern standards would be cool as well

4. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Maximum Carnage

SeventyOne and shiekra38 like this.
  5. Tobias

Tobias Member

They already did that with Havoc: Derailed, but Havoc is the type of house which relies solely on the cast. The quality of the sets (Be it good, bad or reused), is honestly a non-factor.

For me I wouldn't bring back a house as is, since even if you have a fantastic house like AWiL in it's first year, you have the danger of it just not being as good as it was. Which is what happened with AWiL.

As for remake...
    Hades - It's a killer theme, but having things like Cerebus and Hades himself this time would be nice.
    Creatures! - Another good theme, just gotta' make sure wardrobe and the set designers are giving each other the right measurements.
    Project Evilution - Doesn't have to be focused on Dinosaurs, I'd be down for any kind of genetic hybrids.
    Where Evil Hides - Boogeyman/Childhood Fears are always ripe for a awesome house.

*I'd totally have Maximum Carnage on here as well, but I'm looking at houses you could plausibly bring back, and considering how Marvel wasn't fond of what happened in 2002...that's unfortunately a no.

SeventyOne likes this.
  6. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Rookie

The Hallow
    Creatures!
    Leave it to Cleaver
    Interstellar Terror
    Horror in Wax

7. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Dead Exposure, forgot about that one...I had some legitimate moments of terror in that house haha

8. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Rookie

I forgot Hellgate Prison.

Another Prison Maze wouldn't be a bad idea. They should make it more gory though with heads and body parts laying around. lol

shiekra38 likes this.
  9. Returning-The-Reaction

Returning-The-Reaction Member

In today's PC culture and with the added popularity of the event, I can't see them ever trying something like Hellgate again.

Legacy likes this.
  10. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

:saywhat:

Screamhouse, literally, set the modern standard for HHN houses. It didn't use any "effects" aside from the bouncing coffin (still in use), the mirror gag (still in use), and a random pneumatic drop door that was use as startle distraction. If they brought it back, the only "update" it would "need" is the dual paths in the basement would need to be removed.

ThomasByrd likes this.
  11. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Rookie

Probably.

But you know what would really be good but will never happen?

Do a Mexican Prison overran by Cartel Members. Have Santa Muerte shrines everywhere,
    torture Rooms and cells with Body Parts laying around. Have so much evil in there it opens a portal to hell at the end. Just a bunch of crazy stuff.

Now that would creep me out!

I have a wild imagination. LOL

OhHaiInternet95 and hhnlover like this.
  12. Returning-The-Reaction

Returning-The-Reaction Member

Gotta have that El Chapo tunnel in there somewhere, too.

13. kingcooger

kingcooger Member

This sounds like a Mexican version of Knott's Paranormal Inc. (a haunted hospital where the ghosts are unleashed and open a portal to hell that the guests travel through)

Bring back: Frankenstein-Creation of the Damned

Remake: Hell High (because I want to see it)

14. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I feel like the whole year of HHN 15 could be redone in such a grand form now

15. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Rookie

Actually I'm basing it some of the things I've heard that goes on in Mexican Prisons. Except the hell portal at the end of course.

I agree. I've been going since 14 and missed that year unfortunately. I still regret it to this day!

16. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

*trying to bring this thread back to life but*

I would love to see Hades & Orfanage come back since the concepts of both seem amazing, especially the latter. The Spawning & Leave it to Cleaver should be brought back too

17. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Rookie

They definitely need a new Leave it to Cleaver. That is like 2nd on my favorite houses throughout the years. I was so immersed in that house that I was actually getting a little creeped out with the sets. And I loved the ending. How the entrance to a meat market is the end of a house.

18. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

I’m really surprised they haven’t franchised LiTC, Nightengales, & Urban Legends/Legendary Truth. All of them seem made for sequels that wouldn’t get too repetitive