Renting DVC points | Inside Universal Forums

Renting DVC points

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hockeyman55

V.I.P. Member
Aug 19, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Has anyone ever dealt with renting points in the past from a DVC member? I wanted to lock us in for a long weekend trip in early December and for the amount each point is renting for I can get a room at a deluxe for just about what I would get a Moderate for dealing directly with Disney. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on how their experiences went since this is all new to me and seems a little more complex.

** Shoot. I put this in the wrong category. Meant to put it under trip planning.

Gotcha all taken care of buddy and I've looked into this before but just decided it was so much easier to just rent a standard hotel.

Awesome, thank you :thumbs:

The savings are there for sure if you can get the points at a decent price. If I can get a room at Boardwalk for around $150 im on it, that is around what we can get a moderate for. Granted it does take some work and research and also finding someone to rent the points.

- - - Updated - - -

I have. It is actually very easy! I got 4 nights at a Villa iN May for only 600$.

Did you go thru a web site to find someone who was looking to rent out the points? It does seem like its a process though to get a room. Pretty much have to trust the person to make the reservation and not run away with your money :lol:

Disboards is where I found the people. Just start shooting people emails or PMs on there in their Rent/Trade thread looking at availability. Most sell their points at about 10-12 per. All depends on the season how many points it takes too. It is def. worth it. A lot of them have references and require a contract(protects both of you) but it actually is not very hard at all. Feel Free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever dealt with renting points in the past from a DVC member? I wanted to lock us in for a long weekend trip in early December and for the amount each point is renting for I can get a room at a deluxe for just about what I would get a Moderate for dealing directly with Disney. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on how their experiences went since this is all new to me and seems a little more complex.

** Shoot. I put this in the wrong category. Meant to put it under trip planning.

I used dvcrentalstore to score a 1 bdr at the grand cali. it was amazing!!!

Just saw they are looking for $13 but they do the leg work for you. If all else fails and I cant find $11 or $12 then $13 a point is still better than what i would be paying.

yeah I had a friend get burned once renting from an individual which is why I did the broker. also I believe if you are using enough points it's only 12.50 a point

yeah I had a friend get burned once renting from an individual which is why I did the broker. also I believe if you are using enough points it's only 12.50 a point

See that is what I am afraid of happening to me. Even at $12.50 and $13 a point its was cheaper than any rate I would get by calling Disney

I ended up getting the room at Boardwalk for 4 nights early December for $11 a point so works out to be $167 a night. That's what in would pay for a moderate resort. Needless to say i m happy I was able to find someone who had points to rent

One of my best friends is an expert at this, but to be honest, I've gotten so good at pricelining my hotels in Orlando, paying no more than $50 - $55 a night at very good hotels...its not worth even trying and renting the DVC points.