Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

To me, as for the track. The only thing I like is the way they through your momentum one way, and while you get air time, they turn the track/car under you...but the turn table, the lift hill...I assume those have not aged well.

To me, as for the track. The only thing I like is the way they through your momentum one way, and while you get air time, they turn the track/car under you...but the turn table, the lift hill...I assume those have not aged well.

The launch seems fine to me, just the turntable scene is just soooo outdated. The finale is just bleh. As you can easily see the Mech bays and underneath you they have christmas lights for "safety"

The launch seems fine to me, just the turntable scene is just soooo outdated. The finale is just bleh. As you can easily see the Mech bays and underneath you they have christmas lights for "safety"
I wish the finale happened while going backwards (simple drop to the left, figure S, uphill to the break), then the finale was the launch into the fun part.

So I wrote earlier about my worry about this attraction closing in the future. People are all commenting that this attraction won't be closing anytime soon. I 100% agree. There has been some solid ideas of a possible replacement. I love the Monster ride idea and a few others. I personally wish King Kong could of returned to its former home. But, we all know that won't be happening ever again.
that won't be happening ever again. Anyway, what are some other good replacement ideas that can fit in New York?

Also, USF now lacks water rides. Is it possible to build some sort of water ride in that soundstage? Let me know.
I don't care what it is if it gets replaces. As long as it's not a family ride, I'll be okay.

I've been hoping and screaming for a good water ride at USF. Even if it's a boat ride like Disney loves to clone, I'd be okay. There needs to be at least one Slow Ride at USF.

I don't care what it is if it gets replaces. As long as it's not a family ride, I'll be okay.

I've been hoping and screaming for a good water ride at USF. Even if it's a boat ride like Disney loves to clone, I'd be okay. There needs to be at least one Slow Ride at USF.

E.T.

But yes, I would love another slow ride at USF as well (especially an indoor boat ride)

I always loved the term "family" ride...I think it's just marketing lingo at this point

Also, a slow ride probably wont ever happen....Minus maybe SLoP or Yoshi

It would be interesting to see how people react to Universal doing a "slow" ride...I mean, people expect Pirates and Mansion to be slow...with Universal you may almost feel like you were tricked
And something terrible goes wrong. The ride slows down down down. And then the Killer Dolls come out. :lol:

It would be interesting to see how people react to Universal doing a "slow" ride...I mean, people expect Pirates and Mansion to be slow...with Universal you may almost feel like you were tricked
I just don't think that slow rides are Universal's forte. A slow ride best suits a ride that relies heavily on story and surroundings. Universal, although I love them, doesn't really add stories to their rides. Sure, they tell you something is happening, but as the cliche joke goes, it's always that something goes wrong. And that's about it.
However, I'd like to see them try.

I just don't think that slow rides are Universal's forte. A slow ride best suits a ride that relies heavily on story and surroundings. Universal, although I love them, doesn't really add stories to their rides. Sure, they tell you something is happening, but as the cliche joke goes, it's always that something goes wrong. And that's about it.
However, I'd like to see them try.
I agree..I think Disney gets away with their slower rides because of their demographic

I agree..I think Disney gets away with their slower rides because of their demographic
Yeah, Disney does have a younger demographic. Nothing is wrong with it, it's just how Disney is. Universal is definitely aimed more for teens and young adults.
Again, nothing wrong with it because Haunted Mansion is fantastic and cannot be matched by any Universal ride (not saying it's the best ride ever, it's just one of the best in it's category.)

Yeah, Disney does have a younger demographic. Nothing is wrong with it, it's just how Disney is. Universal is definitely aimed more for teens and young adults.
Again, nothing wrong with it because Haunted Mansion is fantastic and cannot be matched by any Universal ride (not saying it's the best ride ever, it's just one of the best in it's category.)
It's a historic piece of Americana...There is no way Universal could create something like that...I honestly don't even want them to try it