Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
seems folks always want to blame cost cuts.

I just like to offer ideas that oppose the norm.

what if something was learned from recent events? I thought I heard about a train at a park catching fire and in the same week a parade float caught fire at another park.

anyway, I get the impression UNI takes safety of guest pretty seriously and I would hope they check on and run that effect only when it can be run safely.

Bold this. Triple underline. Repeat it for the folks in the back. Nothing matters more to Uni than safety (unless we're talking about getting VB open, but I think they've learned from that).

They may be toying around with cost saving measures in various spots. Fire on camp Jurassic tortches have been replaced with flickering Amber bulbs, unfortunately not nearly as impressive.

Nothing about current revenues requires cost cutting. In the case of Camp Jurassic....would you pay for a new transmission on car that you know only has a couple thousand miles left in it?

I literally can't with people that call Universal cheap and blame Comcast...I won't post the obligatory list of new attractions and offerings that have been unvield since they took over...All I'll say is look around the parks...New pathways, upgraded show effects (FJ), new offerings, updated CityWalk...And some of the most expensive and well themed (allbeit screen based) attractions we've ever had

I think people forget how bad things were back in the day

Comcast is good for NBC/Universal in every way possible

What about MIB? When will that get a nice refurb? Also on Mummy, a lot of the treasure room mummies don’t pop up anymore. And the turntable scene isn’t pitch black like it used to be, this is what I’m talking about. And their “additions” have good facades but subpar interior attractions, although Gringotts and Diagon are very well themed.
Operations wise, Fast Food Blvd is a mess. When it was International Food and Film, there was a dedicated line for each type of food. But now everyone has to wait in one long, congested line just to enter the place.
The parade route for the holidays cut off access to the back half of the park. Very inconvenient.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of the feelings I have for current Uni.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Some people get way too defensive over what may be happening. When I posted that picture it has been a transition over the last couple of weeks. It may be a long term installment to replace the torches or temporary.

There was no need to get into a comcast debate or take offense over it. Even with big capital investments to the parks, there are still operational costs and things to function. They are separate budgets and Comcast is still a business.
There is a reason even after the building structures from capital spending, that Fast and Fallon are what they are. They are much cheaper to operate than their predecessors saving the operations more money.

What about MIB? When will that get a nice refurb? Also on Mummy, a lot of the treasure room mummies don’t pop up anymore. And the turntable scene isn’t pitch black like it used to be, this is what I’m talking about. And their “additions” have good facades but subpar interior attractions, although Gringotts and Diagon are very well themed.
Operations wise, Fast Food Blvd is a mess. When it was International Food and Film, there was a dedicated line for each type of food. But now everyone has to wait in one long, congested line just to enter the place.
The parade route for the holidays cut off access to the back half of the park. Very inconvenient.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of the feelings I have for current Uni.
It is a pretty big mess. But in their defense, they do have double the attendance that they used to.
Operationally, that certainly is harder to handle.

Reactions: Joel
FFB also doesn't serve high school cafeteria-level food.

Honestly. We're pining for the days of International Film and Food Festival. I never thought I'd see the day.

0844.IFF_2D00_6.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

0247.IFF_2D00_5.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

6036.IFF_2D00_7.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

Thematic. masterpiece.

I was talking about the way they did the lines; I Love Fast Food Blvd (its awesome!), but they designed the queue poorly. I was saying the queue was worse than the previous’ occupant.
I was more being funny in regards to Jungleskip's post

I feel the lines in FFB are crazy because the area is ridiculously popular...Always out the door during summer

Every theme park has rides that are kept pristine, and rides that are less than fortunate. Something to remember is that there is protocol if something goes wrong.

For example, something as simple as a nozzle on a piece of equipment could take days to swap out because (in some cases) only the engineering department is qualified to swap it. They have to be contacted and then rescheduled to come in after park hours to make the switch, and that’s if there’s a replacement onsite and ready to go to begin with.

If the effect isn’t essential to operations, they may elect to continue running the ride until they can get someone qualified in for third shift, which is how effects can go a long time without being repaired. It’s unfortunate, but custom rides with custom effects lead to custom parts and solutions.

I was more being funny in regards to Jungleskip's post

I feel the lines in FFB are crazy because the area is ridiculously popular...Always out the door during summer
It seems like the insanely long lines aren't even because of slow operations or anything, because they usually manage to get people through fairly fast. There are some days when I'll walk in there, see the line, and turn right back around and head somewhere else to eat.

Also on Mummy, a lot of the treasure room mummies don’t pop up anymore. And the turntable scene isn’t pitch black like it used to be, this is what I’m talking about.

I think all of the treasure room mummies popped up when I was there this weekend. Might be part of the refurb. It did feel cold and damp in the fake offload room though. Very weird.

Reactions: tankart150
I'd be...okay with Mummy getting replaced. Not happy, but not majorly upset either. Put it this way: the last time I rode it, I did so with a straight face and my fist on my cheek. I think it's time, y'all.

Now, let me pose this thought: would the Mummy space be good real estate for a WWE ride? Not that I'm gonna pitch to Mark Woodbury or anything, but I've been dreaming up ideas and that building would really be the only place where something along the lines of what I'm thinking (like Spider-Man, but a lot more elaborate, plus a Fallon-style Virtual Line lounge) would fit.