Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

I'd be...okay with Mummy getting replaced. Not happy, but not majorly upset either. Put it this way: the last time I rode it, I did so with a straight face and my fist on my cheek. I think it's time, y'all.

Now, let me pose this thought: would the Mummy space be good real estate for a WWE ride? Not that I'm gonna pitch to Mark Woodbury or anything, but I've been dreaming up ideas and that building would really be the only place where something along the lines of what I'm thinking (like Spider-Man, but a lot more elaborate, plus a Fallon-style Virtual Line lounge) would fit.
:ban:

Mummy is still my favorite ride in the whole resort, maybe in the world.

I think it needs a refurb though.

I'd be...okay with Mummy getting replaced. Not happy, but not majorly upset either. Put it this way: the last time I rode it, I did so with a straight face and my fist on my cheek. I think it's time, y'all.

Now, let me pose this thought: would the Mummy space be good real estate for a WWE ride? Not that I'm gonna pitch to Mark Woodbury or anything, but I've been dreaming up ideas and that building would really be the only place where something along the lines of what I'm thinking (like Spider-Man, but a lot more elaborate, plus a Fallon-style Virtual Line lounge) would fit.

Between your post saying F&F is immersive and now wanting to rip out Mummy for a WWE ride, your credibility is suffering :ded:

Your joking right. They loose arguably the best ride in the park to replace it with a ride based on some big sweaty guys rolling around on mats together. Hey after that why not shut down down MIB and replace it with an attraction based around parkour. Yes, this is what the GP wants, yes. You must be a Sony executive.

REDICALUS (wand held high)

Hey after that why not shut down down MIB and replace it with an attraction based around parkour.
No

TXY2i6gQRixG6DrVBsAK_no_no_Accent_Beauty

No worries, we’re just messin around. Welcome to the forums btw! I like your against-the-grain approach!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it; I didn't realize most people here subscribe to a certain viewpoint, but I'm glad to be in the minority.

Regarding WWE, I wouldn't have suggested it as a ride possibility if I didn't see the potential of being a ride in the IP. There's a vast, rich history to WWE and to wrestling (to wit, WWE's contemporaries and/or historically famous wrestlers like El Santo) in general, and a myriad of story paths you could go down; at any rate, Comcast still has a TV deal with them, retaining Monday Night Raw while SmackDown Live goes to Fox next year.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it; I didn't realize most people here subscribe to a certain viewpoint, but I'm glad to be in the minority.

Regarding WWE, I wouldn't have suggested it as a ride possibility if I didn't see the potential of being a ride in the IP. There's a vast, rich history to WWE and to wrestling (to wit, WWE's contemporaries and/or historically famous wrestlers like El Santo) in general, and a myriad of story paths you could go down; at any rate, Comcast still has a TV deal with them, retaining Monday Night Raw while SmackDown Live goes to Fox next year.
I think as what we have learned with Fast and Furious is that CGI with real humans as the main focal point, just does not pan out too well into a ride projection. FF looks way too cheesey. CGI works fine with humans in Potter etc because they blend in well into fantasy backgrounds while FF trys to mimc real cities that we all can just tell are cartoonish. Using WWE, IDK how you would film ride screens with multiple wrestlers focused in real life settings; Rings, etc. IDK JMHO

I think as what we have learned with Fast and Furious is that CGI with real humans as the main focal point, just does not pan out too well into a ride projection. FF looks way too cheesey. CGI works fine with humans in Potter etc because they blend in well into fantasy backgrounds while FF trys to mimc real cities that we all can just tell are cartoonish. Using WWE, IDK how you would film ride screens with multiple wrestlers focused in real life settings; Rings, etc. IDK JMHO
That was one thing I thought of, especially since there's often a lot of interaction between the wrestlers and spectators, not just on WWE shows, but on Ring of Honor, et al. as well. I thought of maybe using a real ring and Pepper's Ghosts, but I dunno if it'd work out okay.

If it does end up happening, though, I'd love a show scene where you crash into the Impact Zone.