Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think you will see new lockers/space for many years. They would have to have temps (how does that look in DA?) and then rip out the old and install new. Don't see that happening until well into the next decade.
I wonder why they can't just use off season to install new lockers in the extended queue. I mean, I am sure they can work something out.

Reactions: tankart150
I wonder why they can't just use off season to install new lockers in the extended queue. I mean, I am sure they can work something out.
Other than what MD posted I think they will change it sometime but just not anytime this decade or early next. Too many other things that need fixin before doing changes to their money makers. Everyone hates those lockers but they still show up to ride.\
:topic: sorry for my part in the derailment

Reactions: tankart150
There's no off season anymore. :)...that's where those, used to be huge but are now moderate, summer crowds went to....People are finally wising up that Florida sucks in the summer.

Disney doesn’t have an off-season but UOR still does for now. 2nd week of January 2nd through end of Feb is pretty dead. And September after Labor Day and before HHN is pretty much a ghost town.

Other than what MD posted I think they will change it sometime but just not anytime this decade or early next. Too many other things that need fixin before doing changes to their money makers. Everyone hates those lockers but they still show up to ride.\
:topic: sorry for my part in the derailment

I would argue that FJs locker situation needed addressed much more than the Mummy. Yet they did the Mummy, even with all the other things that need fixin.

Disney doesn’t have an off-season but UOR still does for now. 2nd week of January 2nd through end of Feb is pretty dead. And September after Labor Day and before HHN is pretty much a ghost town.

I would argue that FJs locker situation needed addressed much more than the Mummy. Yet they did the Mummy, even with all the other things that need fixin.
I don't think I'd completely agree with that. The week to ten days after New Years has become a fairly busy time. Also the MLK weekend and adjacent days. Then there's Potter weekend. And President's Day holiday creates a busy 7 to 10 day period. So, a week or two here and there, but really no extended periods like there used to be.

Off Season is in September, between Thanksgiving and week before Christmas, and some handfuls of dates in spring/holiday black outs for APs and CP main gates.

Reactions: jtsalien
I think Mummy was part of an effort to get the lockers inside and clean up the entrance. It was nonsensical to enter then go outside again IMO but we all know there are a lot of politics played to get projects greenlit. Wish I worked night janitor and emptied the waste baskets at creative...

eta; Think how good the new food/beverage stand will look plopped right in the entrance plaza. Moneymaker sales > lose money lockers