Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is a concerningly long refurb schedule.

It better just be work on the track, and not any wholesale thematic changes. I can't handle my favorite ride in the park being messed with.
This is the length of refurb most older Universal attractions really need. Just like Space Mountain needs a proper refurbishment that we never get, Universals older rides need the same love.

If only we could get some fancy animatronic mummies in the treasure room... but obviously that's not going to happen. :grin: A proper refurb is long overdue, as Nick stated. I look forward to seeing it all polished up!

It would also be nice to see some added affects. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Hollywood version simulate the feel of bugs around your ankles during the dead stop part w/ scarabs?
Lol, I can't wait for this discussion again.

I'm in the camp that swears they remember it in the early-to-mid 2000s

This is a concerningly long refurb schedule.

It better just be work on the track, and not any wholesale thematic changes. I can't handle my favorite ride in the park being messed with.

Jesus Christ is there anything good or is your only personality trait “contrarian”. It’s going for a long refurb because it’s staying but somehow you can make it into a bad thing. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Jwhee
This is the length of refurb most older Universal attractions really need. Just like Space Mountain needs a proper refurbishment that we never get, Universals older rides need the same love.

They had the perfect time to do it last year lol. Jokes aside, I'm sure safety played a factor with the virus. Would have been perfect though for all Orlando rides needing maintenance.

Not the ankle tickler discussion again, oh noooo! :afraid: I could have sworn I remembered it happening waaaay far back but I've accepted it's likely some fault in my memory. Regardless, any love given to this ride is welcome in my book! I still remember being giddy as a wee lad once I received the passholder notice in the mail of a new "psychological thrill ride" or whatever buzzwords they used. :lol:

Also confirmed ... Universal Orlando has announced that its popular attraction - The Revenge of the Mummy - will be closed for a lengthy refurbishment beginning January 7.

Can you chill? Their worries are completely reasonable. I'm wondering if there's gonna be any story changes myself.

I mean I get where some of y'all are coming from, but I vividly remember just over the past few years one of the bigger concerns here being this ride would be demo'd and replaced, and heck that even the addition of Classic Monsters in Epic Universe made this more likely, to the point I remember making a goal out of for sure checking out this ride and MIB when I visited the parks in 2019 (and again this year). So I would figure while again, maybe some changes happen during this refurb and that's potentially concerning, that folks would be happy since this points to the idea no replacement is coming anytime soon.