Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a quick note - after speaking with Joe, it was decided it was best he step down. We'll have more in another thread searching for moderation help but I at least wanted to address the issue here.
I wish Joe the best and know he isn’t a bad guy… but as someone who’s followed this forum for years this feels overdue. Listed as a Moderator, he often personally attacks or heavily implies a take is stupid, which does not help discussion. The line between fun snark and pure toxicity feels crossed often. I’m personally happy for this change, and now that the title is removed I look forward to more of Joe’s commentary from a less “official” point of view than from a Moderator standpoint.

Was that the case when JC opened? No. Attractions like Jungle Cruise put Disney on the map. Let's think here.

...actually, Jungle Cruise was rated as boring when it first opened since the tone was actually meant to be taken seriously like an actual safari. They eventually got a team to go in and rewrite the attraction to make it better... resulting in the highlight being the skippers and the jokes... not the animatronics.

What put Disney on the map was the blending of "exotic/fantasy" scenic locations, special effects, and animatronics.

...actually, Jungle Cruise was rated as boring when it first opened since the tone was actually meant to be taken seriously like an actual safari. They eventually got a team to go in and rewrite the attraction to make it better... resulting in the highlight being the skippers and the jokes... not the animatronics.

What put Disney on the map was the blending of "exotic/fantasy" scenic locations, special effects, and animatronics.
This is also why there’s animals in the Jungle Cruise that look more realistic and others with more cartoonish and exaggerated facial expressions. The latter were added alongside the comedic tone.

Correct. The OG jungle cruise was a pretty big flop

When was the last time the first Imhotep AA worked? I’ve been seeing it in B mode for at least a month

Ok, apologies for such a random question, but because I'm rewatching the movie now: you know the "please keep your head against the headrest" spiel you hear right before the cart leaves the station...is that Rachel Weisz? It sounds exactly like her.

Edit: Guess no one knows, alas.

Last edited: