Riding Forbidden Journey & Escape From Gringotts? | Inside Universal Forums

Riding Forbidden Journey & Escape From Gringotts?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 30, 2018
I have an upcoming trip and am worried about fitting on rides. I know there are test seats but was hoping to get an idea from people who have fit prior to going so I'm not as crushingly disappointed if the test seats don't work. I've ridden all the rides comfortably in the past but have now gained 20-30 pounds or so from my last visit. I'm roughly 5'8, 270 pounds. I did my best to measure and think I have a 45" waist, 54" hips (though I don't know if measuring myself with the tape is 100% accurate). Has anyone had any experience riding at this size?

Also if its helpful I typically wear an 18-20 in pants and am a 2x in women sizing or XL men shirt/unisex sizing

It is really impossible to say for sure. A lot of fitting depends on your body shape. Not so much your pant or shirt size. Try the test seats. Finding out there it is a no go is better than being at the ride and not fitting.

I have an upcoming trip and am worried about fitting on rides. I know there are test seats but was hoping to get an idea from people who have fit prior to going so I'm not as crushingly disappointed if the test seats don't work. I've ridden all the rides comfortably in the past but have now gained 20-30 pounds or so from my last visit. I'm roughly 5'8, 270 pounds. I did my best to measure and think I have a 45" waist, 54" hips (though I don't know if measuring myself with the tape is 100% accurate). Has anyone had any experience riding at this size?

When is your trip? If it’s a couple months, use it as motivation and start eating better/dieting and exercising/walking.
That extra 30 lbs will make walking a little tougher also- so if you aren’t walking a lot now, do a crash course and get your body more used to it.

You can do it! :)