RIP Gwazi (1999-2015) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

RIP Gwazi (1999-2015)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, he's a convicted felon already from these endeavors. He just doesn't care.

Not overly bright taking a video and then uploading it to YouTube. I'm assuming this video was taken about a month ago with work starting on Gwazi and Christmas songs playing in the background.

Not overly bright taking a video and then uploading it to YouTube. I'm assuming this video was taken about a month ago with work starting on Gwazi and Christmas songs playing in the background.
The not bright thing was him showing his face on camera and then uploading.

Reactions: Scott W.
Ha ha. I think it’s great. The video of him walking around Thunder Mountain is insane. The video of him sneaking into the VIP room in Epcot is hilarious. This guy has some massive courage.

My question...how would one get on discovery island? Did he swim there? The area is well patrolled by Disney boats, so it’s hard for me to imagine how he even got there in the first place.

He’s not hurting anyone, or trying to vandalize the attraction. If he hurts himself that’s his own doing.

I realize it’s illegal, but that doesn’t make these videos less interesting.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Ha ha. I think it’s great. The video of him walking around Thunder Mountain is insane. The video of him sneaking into the VIP room in Epcot is hilarious. This guy has some massive courage.

My question...how would one get on discovery island? Did he swim there? The area is well patrolled by Disney boats, so it’s hard for me to imagine how he even got there in the first place.
He explained how he got to the island in an interview he did on the defunctland podcast.

He says he went three times and got a blow up boat from a pawn shop to go over there from River Country. “We just paddled on over” he said.

Crazier still, they slept there overnight and paddled back in broad daylight after recording the island in the daylight.

Last edited:
He explained how he got to the island in an interview he did on the defunctland podcast.

He says he went three times and got a blow up boat from a pawn shop to go over there from River Country. “We just paddled on over” he said.

Crazier still, they slept there overnight and paddled back in broad daylight after recording the island in the daylight.

That is crazy that they slept there.

So Sonswa scaled the coaster for views. I won't link because he does these things just to get views and has no intention of following any rules of any parks or laws for that matter.

This is the same guy who's been banned from Disney twice, and filmed videos from Discovery Island, DisneyQuest (when it was being torn down), River Country, Wonders of Life, Walt's Plane, SS 18 & 19 at Universal and scaling Big Thunder Mountain. He is the epitome of why we can't have nice things.

All of this being said, his video does give a good look at what the current condition of things are like.
Spoilers, there are a ton of leaves and rotting wood...There, now nobody has to watch it haha

Reactions: Magic-Man
So Sonswa scaled the coaster for views. I won't link because he does these things just to get views and has no intention of following any rules of any parks or laws for that matter.

This is the same guy who's been banned from Disney twice, and filmed videos from Discovery Island, DisneyQuest (when it was being torn down), River Country, Wonders of Life, Walt's Plane, SS 18 & 19 at Universal and scaling Big Thunder Mountain. He is the epitome of why we can't have nice things.

All of this being said, his video does give a good look at what the current condition of things are like.

He's been inside Universal soundstages before? Can he do it again? I hear that Fantastic World's has a model in there somewhere....

He's not getting in there. It's card-swipe access only.
Yup. The only way he were to get in there is if he knew someone with access we’re willing to aid in getting him in, which would be incredibly stupid. That would be someone that is planning on quitting anyway to do that.

Call me a Debbie Downer or whatever, but I have reported that video and sent all the information to the park. I even downloaded it from Youtube in case they delete it.
Good thinking....I mean, theoretically a board could have snapped or he could have slipped and fallen, seriously injuring himself

From the European Coaster Club's "First Drop" magazine:

"The new Gwazi will make some major modifications to the duelling coasters. The first of which is to remove its duelling element. A new steel structure lift hill will give the coaster a 65m (212ft) 91degree first drop. Making it the tallest and steepest RMC hybrid coaster as well as the tallest coaster in florida. The original lift hills will remain and feature as "normal" hills on the new track"

"The new Gwazi will make some major modifications to the duelling coasters. The first of which is to remove its duelling element. A new steel structure lift hill will give the coaster a 65m (212ft) 91degree first drop. Making it the tallest and steepest RMC hybrid coaster as well as the tallest coaster in florida. The original lift hills will remain and feature as "normal" hills on the new track"

Idk how to feel about this.. hmmm

Just was about to post this. Holy crap. Disappointed that we'll lose the dueling element, but shocked (and hyped!) that we'll have a hyper-hybrid in Florida.

Reactions: SkiBum
Status
Not open for further replies.