RIP Marty Sklar | Inside Universal Forums

RIP Marty Sklar

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Holy crap.

This, is a pure legend; and that his loss will be heard from everywhere in the industry.

I pray for his family as they cope with a loss of someone special like him in the industry.

RIP Marty! A true Imagineering legend. Going to pick up his book from Amazon. I didn't know he had written one.

A giant. Sad to hear he's gone, but he lived a full and incredibly influential life. His contributions will live on for a long, long time.

RIP Marty! A true Imagineering legend. Going to pick up his book from Amazon. I didn't know he had written one.

Both ONE LITTLE SPARK and DREAM IT! DO IT! are well worth reading.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
What an incredible career and man.

I thought it was a little odd that such a legend wasn't mentioned in the other thread. It's also hard to hear that he was booed during his last public appearance at D23.

He was booed? Why was that?

It had to do with the changes at POTC. I just watched the panel and I don't think it was as bad as it was made out. The man still demands a lot of respect.

Like everybody else, I'm quite shocked by this as he looked perfectly healthy, I can't believe he was even 83, he looked and sounded much younger.

This can't help but remind me of how my Dad passed last month. He was also 83. On June 2nd at 7pm we were all sitting around eating pizza laughing and talking. At 10pm he stood up to go pee. He said he was dizzy and sat down in his walker and passed out. By the time I could get him on the floor he was dead. Fortunately, he didn't suffer. It was shockingly quick.

Tribute to Disney Legend Marty Sklar - Walt Disney Imagineering

Thanks for posting this. Was a nice tribute to a legend.

I paid my own little tribute last year............

I was at DLP , not long after Marty passed away. Sat in the uppers window of Walt's restaurant on Main St having dinner, I had the perfect view across the way of Marty's window. I raised my glass, bowed my head and made a toast to the window right across Main street.

Cheers Marty :toast: