Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Riptide Race at Aquatica Opening April 3,2021

Probably going to be something like this, since Aquatica already has a racing mat slide and nothing else would fit the name. Plus, I believe that a water coaster coming to Aquatica got leaked months ago.

Did we ever get a follow-up on this? Because USA Today was the only website reporting this.
I don't think SWPE had ever mentioned this as a new attraction. I somehow doubt Aquatica will receive a new slide for the third year in a row.

Did we ever get a follow-up on this? Because USA Today was the only website reporting this.
I don't think SWPE had ever mentioned this as a new attraction. I somehow doubt Aquatica will receive a new slide for the third year in a row.

Food for thought, did it explicitedly mention Orlando? Or could it of been San Antonio or Palm Springs (because the article stops at the Adventure Island location for me).

Interesting. Wonder why they chose to hold off on this announcement. Perhaps because all the other projects were deep into construction.

Aquatica is already one of the best water parks in the world imo, they can only keep making it better by adding more. I would personally love to see them add more themeing to some of their slides/ animals would be nice, but not optimistic.

I wonder if they would send Hooroo run from the San Diego park to Orlando....hmmm.
I only say that since that's the only slide complex that is not in the rendering of Sesame Place San Diego.

Wonder why they're waiting to announce this project. As of late, it seemed like the SWPE method of announcing attractions was as soon as you could see construction.

Any idea what type of slide pieces those are for? I feel like Aquatica virtually has every kind of slide except for a water coaster. I could also see this being something like Solar Vortex coming to Adventure Island, but they also added two family slides the past two years.

Wonder why they're waiting to announce this project. As of late, it seemed like the SWPE method of announcing attractions was as soon as you could see construction.

Any idea what type of slide pieces those are for? I feel like Aquatica virtually has every kind of slide except for a water coaster. I could also see this being something like Solar Vortex coming to Adventure Island, but they also added two family slides the past two years.

Maybe ProSlide wants to show off the slide to IAAPA, especially if it is indeed the water coaster? It'd be SeaWorld's foot into that door of which Universal and Disney have both entered.

^Water Country USA has one already....so I'm assuming you just mean SWO getting in there (even though Ray Rush is part water coaster, or at least has that technology at the beginning).

The area they've selected is particularly small, I'm very interested to see what they're going to attempt to fit into that small footprint. They'd have to remove a lot of the Banana Beach Cookout seating area in order to fit anything notable in that area.

Props to SW for really heavily investing in this park. These three years of new slides is really great. I know competition got a lot stiffer in the area once VB opened, but Aquatica is certainly holding its own. Age old saying, competition can be better for the consumer.