Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

Schadenfreude.....Everyone that I've seen today (Pittsburgh area), and mentioned to them how cold Orlando was this morning, had an instant smile on their face. Misery certainly loves company. :grin:

Spent some time reading RotR posts on Magic today, for the first time in a bit. Recent posts by Magic Insiders are saying the ride has apx. 40% downtime daily with elevators and sensors being the primary reasons. ROTR ride capacity at DHS is running at apx. 50% now and capacity at Disneyland is about 25%....DHS overall attendance up by a lot, but food and merchandise sales at DHS GESWL are running lower than projections. GSAT's on GESWL are lower than expected. Smuggler Run GSAT's are low also, mostly due to long time spent in queues. Also, reports that a new mission is being considered for SR. . Of course this is coming from Insiders on Magic, not official Disney info, but in general Magic insiders have pretty accurate WDW Disney info.

Well said. Even though Cincinnati is a little warmer than where I grew up, I have never grown used to the cold. I hate it and refuse to be converted to the "you'll be alright" crowd. Once I quit skiing a few years ago, I had zero use for cold and snow.
When I quit skiing, I moved to Florida. And I hate when it gets cold in FL. Seriously, I had to put on long pants today.

Currently in SW:GE with boarding group 116. The app states only groups up to 86 will be boarded, anything after that will only be called if the first 86 make it.

Guess I'll head out and drop back this evening if it gets called.

Annoyed as I got here early enough but got held up collecting my AP then the WiFi connection was slow or not available right now.

Oh well, I got enough days this trip to hit it again but the system sucks...
You almost made it. They just called group 108. Blog Mickey has photos. They called a ton of boarding groups at once and now the queue stretches out all the way to Grand Ave. Supposedly they'll keep running it even after the park closes in 15 minutes at 8:00. A TON OF PEOPLE IN THAT LINE. They are going to be in standby for a lonnnng time & it's really cold.

I'm still firmly stuck on UK time, may as well get up and hit the parks a try again for a boarding pass for RofR.

Should make an earlier boarding group as won't get held up collecting my AP. When I called DVC up from UK I asked for the Dvc gold pass. Yesterday I went to collect it and they tried hitting me up for more money as they had done it as a renewal. The last time I had Disney AP was 2016. I explained it was their bad and after much back and forth finally agreed it was not my fault and they honoured the price.

This put me behind and I didn't get on park for opening, then the WiFi was sketchy so I didn't have the best shot at it, today I am more prepared so shouldn't hit any resistance, hopefully the ride rises to occasion today.

Update.

App stating That only groups up to 81 will board, anything after will be called if the 81 get through

This is less than yesterday yet CM saying things are looking better today, sure they are .

Update
they started boarding, currently taking groups 10+11.

Last edited:
This cold causes all kinds of problems for the equipment. Nothing down here is designed for cold weather, and their hot weather operations can be dicey as well. I think the problem is always things are designed for California...

This cold causes all kinds of problems for the equipment. Nothing down here is designed for cold weather, and their hot weather operations can be dicey as well. I think the problem is always things are designed for California...

I'm now designed for the cold either, was nearly at freezing point when I headed out this morning.

Current status

Ride is down, stuck on groups 10 and 11. With having BG 17 im so close, yet could be so far.

Feel like the Clash and that classic song.

Last edited:
All you Floridians complaining about the "cold"

1579701371292.jpeg

I was in Magic Kingdom once when it was actually cold by northern standards (28 degrees... it was a December record)

You know, they do have a wine bar that you could have hung out at before your number was called. Why drive back when there's better things to do. The time difference must have affected your decision making processes....PRIORITIES ;):cheers:

Already hung over,
It was mid 30’s this morning with a wind chill that made it feel like it was in the teens. It’s legitimately cold.

Sure was cold.

So after getting a notification to board I made it back to the park inside my 2hr window, only for the ride to be down again.

They did get it going inside 30 mins and after a short wait due to backed up groups I'd finally walking the line to ride.

So after two early starts in the freezing cold and it going down multiple times, was it worth it?

Hell yes, this thing is amazing. A true movie park ride, I loved it and will indeed be making further early starts to ride, hopefully without the cold.