Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

Today should be interesting as the busy holiday week starts. The park is getting slammed and they are at group 80 right before noon. Also looks like they upped the standby groups to those over 125. I think it was 105 last week.

Seems like the strict 7am hold until boarding passes go out is working a bit as less people are showing up at the crack of dawn from what i've been able to tell (as it gives you little to no advantage now) and Boarding Groups have been available until around 10am lately. Of course they could be increasing the amount they are giving out too, but that isn't the only factor.

Blog Mickey reported a significant Glitch this morning concerning boarding groups. For some reason Disney let guests into the park without doing fingerprint scans. So, when guests tried to get a boarding group on the app, significantly large numbers were not able to get access since the app did not recognize them as being in the park. The small number of CM's stationed to resolve app problems were overwhelmed by this and not able to process the huge numbers of people the app wouldn't recognize as being in the park.

Blog Mickey reported a significant Glitch this morning concerning boarding groups. For some reason Disney let guests into the park without doing fingerprint scans. So, when guests tried to get a boarding group on the app, significantly large numbers were not able to get access since the app did not recognize them as being in the park. The small number of CM's stationed to resolve app problems were overwhelmed by this and not able to process the huge numbers of people the app wouldn't recognize as being in the park.
Good news is, looks like they got it worked out. I think they may have halted signups until it got resolved too.

When it’s really busy, Disney sticks to tap-only a lot of times these days. Pretty sure both mornings I went to get a boarding pass they weren’t using fingerprints.

Date roll in their ticketing system is at 6am. If they advertise a 6am opening and the crowds became too large for the entry area, they have to let people in without a fingerprint or else it will think you came in yesterday.

Posting a 6am opening must have sounded like a good idea to someone, but it’s a terrible idea with demand what it is now.

Was there this morning bright and early and got boarding group 62 right at 6 AM...when I left the park to head back to the hotel at 6:10 they were already issuing back-up groups.

Good article yesterday on the Touring Plans Blog about the boarding groups, with timing graphs etc. One interesting note is that they don't always start the day assigning numbers with the lowest single digit numbers for the boarding groups. One day the first group might be #17, another day it might be group #9 or group #22.

My son was there for park open today, but a bad phone connection got him boarding group 90. They are currently stuck at 88 with a predicted downtime of 2 hours. Not a happy camper, since DHS is packed right now.

Touring Plans today released their new WDW crowd projection update for the year. They have downgraded DHS crowd projections for a good number of days, mostly due to the Boarding Groups causing evening crowds to lessen. From TP; "The Boarding Groups fill up quickly, so guests must arrive early in order to experience the new ride. Evening crowds have been lower since many people are completing everything at DHS early. With the limited capacity of the Boarding Groups, it seems that the overall park attendance is dampened. In this update (Crowd Calendar), many days at DHS crowd levels have gone down"......Seems like this is a good opportunity for guests that don't want the hassle of lining up early for RotR, to park hop into DHS later in the day, and be able to ride attractions with less waits than normal.

ROTR had an awful day today. All boarding passes were gone within 25 seconds past 7:00 AM, I got 103. Cutoff for backup passes was 125. Rise made it to 94 today. I got a one-day Studios only ticket and a next-day Fastpass in my account to compensate; ticket expires Dec. 2022 instead of 2030 as CMs were telling people. Hopefully this info helps!