Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

ROTR had an awful day today. All boarding passes were gone within 25 seconds past 7:00 AM, I got 103. Cutoff for backup passes was 125. Rise made it to 94 today. I got a one-day Studios only ticket and a next-day Fastpass in my account to compensate; ticket expires Dec. 2022 instead of 2030 as CMs were telling people. Hopefully this info helps!
Did they make the passes only available exactly at 7am and were there a bunch of people pre scanned into the park at that time?

This is becoming a disturbing trend.

How long is this expected to go on?
giphy.gif

Another thing to consider, concerning how many boarding passes are being handed out, is that they don't necessarily start with the Number 'One'. According to Touring Plans, the first passes start with different numbers from day to day. On a day the first boarding pass might be Number Twenty Two. On another day it might be Number Seventeen. So, if the last number of a boarding pass is Number 94, that doesn't necessarily mean they handed out 94 boarding passes. Chances are it was much less. That would also explain why sometimes they go so fast, if the real number is significantly lower than the perceived number. Good propaganda move too.

Last edited:
I wonder what 9am openings will look like in the future with this..

Maybe its time to just have a normal queue. Normal queues have a tendency to self regulate demand. If the line gets too long people will voluntarily not get in line. If you have a virtual queue, there is no sacrifice for getting into it, so then everyone tries to get in line.

I know Iam late to the parade but this is a really interesting and useful thread. I've stayed relatively spoiler free on this, I know the gist of the ride but have avoided the details.

This thread allows people to keep track of boarding procedures whilst not spoiling the ride. I will be keeping a close eye in anticipation for my upcoming trip.

Kudos to all

Maybe its time to just have a normal queue. Normal queues have a tendency to self regulate demand. If the line gets too long people will voluntarily not get in line. If you have a virtual queue, there is no sacrifice for getting into it, so then everyone tries to get in line.

I agree with your points but also have another suggestion too.

Boarding Passes as they are now are clearly not working. But why? It's not the system itself but instead how they're obtained: through the terrible MDX app. So I'm suggesting they take a page out of Disneyland's book and file everyone into the park an hour early and send guests through the labyrinth queue of Launch Bay. At the end of the queue is a small army of guest relations CMs who will make sure the party is together, take care of any people not showing up as in the park, and issue a boarding pass to the group. This would take care of the "I showed up here at 5am and got 100 while this person showed up at 645 and got 20" and "we showed up early but due to a bug we couldn't get a pass" issues. The queue itself will move fast and will be able to process everyone before official park opening.

I agree with your points but also have another suggestion too.

Boarding Passes as they are now are clearly not working. But why? It's not the system itself but instead how they're obtained: through the terrible MDX app. So I'm suggesting they take a page out of Disneyland's book and file everyone into the park an hour early and send guests through the labyrinth queue of Launch Bay. At the end of the queue is a small army of guest relations CMs who will make sure the party is together, take care of any people not showing up as in the park, and issue a boarding pass to the group. This would take care of the "I showed up here at 5am and got 100 while this person showed up at 645 and got 20" and "we showed up early but due to a bug we couldn't get a pass" issues. The queue itself will move fast and will be able to process everyone before official park opening.

This.

I'm sure Disneyland's will operate this way.

I know Iam late to the parade but this is a really interesting and useful thread. I've stayed relatively spoiler free on this, I know the gist of the ride but have avoided the details.

This thread allows people to keep track of boarding procedures whilst not spoiling the ride. I will be keeping a close eye in anticipation for my upcoming trip.

Kudos to all
I agree with this 100%
For any future rides, we should have threads like this. This basically becomes the Spoiler-Free thread that was attempted with Kong, like the Wait Times thread is for Hagrid’s right now.

Kudos to all

Ive avoided this thread for that reason and also because I could only see the start of the name, I figured it was the general or review thread.

I watched the first POV but luckily (I need to put a silver lining on it) I can’t remember any of the details. My lungs pretty much stopped working and I watched it in A&E but my short term memory is pretty much gone from a few days minus a few bits here and there.

I watched the first POV but luckily (I need to put a silver lining on it) I can’t remember any of the details. My lungs pretty much stopped working and I watched it in A&E but my short term memory is pretty much gone from a few days minus a few bits here and there.

I remember you mentioning this before, like, are you OK NOW?!?!?!

I remember you mentioning this before, like, are you OK NOW?!?!?!

Im pretty much back to normal now. I don’t think the doctors know exactly what caused it, they said my asthma mixed with a nasty lung infection. My oxygen level dropped below 82% and was falling by the time my wife took me to A&E after collapsing in the shower. I was still determined to go to work but had a nice 4 day stay in hospital instead.

Im pretty much back to normal now. I don’t think the doctors know exactly what caused it, they said my asthma mixed with a nasty lung infection. My oxygen level dropped below 82% and was falling by the time my wife took me to A&E after collapsing in the shower. I was still determined to go to work but had a nice 4 day stay in hospital instead.

I'm glad you're better now bro.