Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

Any thoughts on what things will be like now that we're getting some of the slow days coming up?
I mean I guess it really depends on Rise's capacity... even a very dead park will still have more guests that would want to ride the ride than the ride can handle.

Going in 3 weeks and I really hope I don't have to get here at the crack of dawn to ride. Here's to hoping.
Yeah, I'm thinking about going in the middle of the week and it looks like there are some very low days... of course the day I'm going is a bit higher, but still should be a reasonably quiet day.

But would be going for a buddy's birthday, so if waking up at butt o clock is still gonna be a requirement need to get some buy in ;)

But would be going for a buddy's birthday, so if waking up at butt o clock is still gonna be a requirement need to get some buy in ;)

If the ride is still running out of boarding groups before 8AM, I've already accepted I'll be riding alone. No way my wife is getting up for that, and my sister is running the Uni race the day I'm going haha

Well this is progress!

We're scheduled to go on a Wednesday in early February. Their current hours show opening at 9:00 AM with EMH that morning from 8:00 - 9:00. I was counting on selling my wife on the potential to get a few good rides in on either Slink Dog or Millennium Falcon (which she doesn't care about one way or the other) and then grabbing a boarding group since we were already in the park. So, I'm hoping that they don't extend the earlier opening into February although I'm not going to fall apart if they do.

We're scheduled to go on a Wednesday in early February. Their current hours show opening at 9:00 AM with EMH that morning from 8:00 - 9:00. I was counting on selling my wife on the potential to get a few good rides in on either Slink Dog or Millennium Falcon (which she doesn't care about one way or the other) and then grabbing a boarding group since we were already in the park. So, I'm hoping that they don't extend the earlier opening into February although I'm not going to fall apart if they do.
You might want to double check the Extra Magic Hours on the Feb. date. WDW just switched all of those DHS morning EMH's to evening EMH's. New hours are showing up on Touring plans WDW calendar.

Last edited:
All boarding passes we’re fine by 10 AM.

Opened a minute late at 7:01 AM. Rope drop also delayed by 3 minute. I assume to allow everyone to get their boarding passes before the rush starts.

According to Martin, “BG system is the new darling of the company” and all new attractions as of now are expected to at the least open without Fastpass and depending on reliability, potentially Boarding Groups too.

This is something that came about bc of the low capacity/high demand (and unreliabilities) of Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash upon opening.

According to Martin, “BG system is the new darling of the company” and all new attractions as of now are expected to at the least open without Fastpass and depending on reliability, potentially Boarding Groups too.

This is something that came about bc of the low capacity/high demand (and unreliabilities) of Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash upon opening.

Hmmmm worried this one size fits all application is not a great idea.

I mean, it's useful for these new low capacity and/or unreliable rides that they keep building, and with tiny physical queues for some reason.

Even if Runaway Railway runs well, the queue is not going to be sufficient for the demand at the start. Not by a long shot.

All boarding passes we’re fine by 10 AM.

Opened a minute late at 7:01 AM. Rope drop also delayed by 3 minute. I assume to allow everyone to get their boarding passes before the rush starts.
That delay probably makes a huge positive impact on everyone there. Not as much worry about being trampled or people trying to chew gum and walk into posts at the same time.

Question about the boarding passes fine by 10, do you mean thats when the boarding passes ran out?

That delay probably makes a huge positive impact on everyone there. Not as much worry about being trampled or people trying to chew gum and walk into posts at the same time.

Question about the boarding passes fine by 10, do you mean thats when the boarding passes ran out?
Yeah, I meant to write done. That includes backup boarding passes.

How are they going to handle implementing the boarding group system on multiple attractions in the same park (assuming, for example, that they're still using it for ROTR when Runaway Railway opens)? Will people be allowed to hold multiple boarding passes for different attractions at the same time? Because otherwise, you're essentially saying to people that, in all likelihood, you're only going to have a chance to ride one of the rides.

All I know is that I was able to ride a lot of rides in one visit with the old FP system......now it seems like a royal PITA to ride anything even once. Remind me again why we are paying top dollar to visit these parks?

All I know is that I was able to ride a lot of rides in one visit with the old FP system......now it seems like a royal PITA to ride anything even once. Remind me again why we are paying top dollar to visit these parks?
You just need to get your first 3 for before noon, then get a 4th and 5th for for the rest of the day. Add a rope drop, and you’ve done 6 rides that day with minimal lines. I think that’s about equivalent to the old system.

Hmmmm worried this one size fits all application is not a great idea.
I really think it does here. No system will make everyone happy anyway. They can adjust numbers as needed and work to refine the system. Given modern technology there should be no reason anyone has to get in a 10 hour line for a ride again.

I expect some of the people who will hate the system will be the guests who feel entitled to skip the line or get fastpasses because they paid a premium for certain packages. But poor me thinks that everyone who spends over $100 to get in a park deserves a reasonable chance to ride something. The boarding groups are a nice change of pace from the greed driven practices in the last few years and something I was sure the wouldn't do.

What I would like to see is some paper machines but maybe those come after the ride isn't hitting capacity to quickly after opening.

I really think it does here. No system will make everyone happy anyway. They can adjust numbers as needed and work to refine the system. Given modern technology there should be no reason anyone has to get in a 10 hour line for a ride again.

I expect some of the people who will hate the system will be the guests who feel entitled to skip the line or get fastpasses because they paid a premium for certain packages. But poor me thinks that everyone who spends over $100 to get in a park deserves a reasonable chance to ride something. The boarding groups are a nice change of pace from the greed driven practices in the last few years and something I was sure the wouldn't do.

What I would like to see is some paper machines but maybe those come after the ride isn't hitting capacity to quickly after opening.
RotR won't be doing BG forever. Once it's up and capacity is stable/where they would like it to be, they will presumably move to Stand-by. Boarding Groups aren't meant to take the place of stand-by forever, it's just sort of an interim solution to get the ride up and running without issue.