1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Rivers of Light- Opening February 17th

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom' started by Cole, May 2, 2014.

1. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Also, the crowd just fizzled out when it was over. No applause. No real reaction. It was like the house lights came on after a movie, not a show.

2. Yabbadabba Doh

Yabbadabba Doh Member

So we did the second ROL show on Wednesday evening. Since I know all the background about what the show was going to be, I was very surprised to see how gutted it was. The rest of my family were like WTF? since the show has no real coherent story or characters. I could see all of that original concept stuff with the barges and the two sides (fire/water), but it really wasn't played up to any degree. The crowd was not that large (the two ends of the theatre were empty) and as UNlrd stated, there was no real applause or reaction after it was over since there is no real flourish to the ending.
    This will be a one and done for me unless they do something to improve it.

Coasted likes this.
  3. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I've been back to DAK 15 or so times since I first saw RoL when it debuted. I've yet to go back and see it again despite actually enjoying it the most out of my family.

It's just not worth it to me to go see it again.

4. Jon84

Jon84 Have you tried turning it off and on again? Premium Member

I wouldn't go back either.

I appreciated the technology, but as others have said, everyone around me was very 'meh' when it finished.

My assumption is that they are already working on a version stuffed with Characters

5. Yabbadabba Doh

Yabbadabba Doh Member

I wouldn't even care about characters as much as a coherent and engaging presentation.
    Heck, I still think Illuminations is a good show (saw it along with Fantasmic last week) although I am ready for them to update them both as well.

6. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

More coherent story and more engaging presentation are exactly what it needs. And i'm actually anti-characters for an update for the show. A few fireworks couldn't hurt either, even if just low-level ones.

Ashhanbre and SeventyOne like this.
  7. Joel

Joel Premium Member

agreed (without seeing the show yet). any nighttime show without pyro is a waste to me.

they could use low level pyro, pyro launched horizontally/downward from towers as they won't be too loud for the animals.