1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

RMC Gwazi 2020 Project

Discussion in 'Busch Gardens Tampa' started by Brian G., Mar 1, 2019.

1. freddy_gruner

freddy_gruner Rookie

oh were not talking about intamin zacspins like green lantern at magic mountain. were talking about the one that just went to discovery kingdom

2. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

3. freddy_gruner

freddy_gruner Rookie

4. cwgator

cwgator Member

Eh....no S&S Free Spin...you'll likely see one of those at SFOG next year anyway where Splashwater Falls currently sits. I like the idea of something like Wildwood Grove being added with several family friendly flats...like a Wave Winger, Swinging Ship (non-inverting) & bring Sandstorm back from Sesame Place (lol). Also some more modern ones as well.

A coaster I'd love to see of course would be a giga. I however don't see that being any time soon at this point. Realistically another family friendly coaster would likely be next. I could see another GCI (steel structure) along the lines of Invadr going in a new area (like that described above). Sure...White Lighting is in Orlando...but it would be a missing piece the park honestly needs (another coaster for the 46-48" range that doesn't invert).

Now...Back to the TOPIC....

I can't wait to see the final layout and stats. I also can't wait to see/hear the GP moan about no shoulder harnesses....lol

EddieB likes this.
  5. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Veteran Member

Who else would rather have this ride over Hershey’s big hyper or Kings Islands big Giga coaster next year?

6. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Um, well, I would like a Giga too....But this RMC is my most anticipated new ride (sorry Hagrid & Disney's Star Wars)

OhHaiInternet95 and EddieB like this.
  7. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

This RMC is going to be fantastic...

But after is what I’m most curious about. A hyper or Giga is great with me...but I’d also like to see a dark ride or a themed water ride similar to Escape From Pompeii...especially since we lost Tidal Wave.

8. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Cobra's Curse proved to me that they can do theming on a coaster with a story. A themed water ride would be fantastic

Cheezbat and OrlLover like this.
  9. freddy_gruner

freddy_gruner Rookie

i like theming with a story. but i don’t like a story that’s too deep. what if you want to re ride it, it just gets boring. but with cobras curse, the story is simple. you have a job to go into a dig site then u come face to face with the king cobra and that’s it. super good but something you can do multiple times as it doesn’t get old.

i do NOT want them to do any kind of story theming with gwazi. i just want the ride. i want it like tigris. some queue props would be nice. but i don’t want anything to take away from the actual coaster

10. freddy_gruner

freddy_gruner Rookie

oh my goodness

Attached Files:

EddieB, OrlLover and shiekra38 like this.
  11. freddy_gruner

freddy_gruner Rookie

looks like theyre starting the actual inversion on the downward spiral. credit to Touring Central Florida

Attached Files:

Joe likes this.
  12. MakoMania

MakoMania Rookie

I can't see that in any of the pictures. They haven't got supports to the spiral yet.

13. freddy_gruner

freddy_gruner Rookie

that big whole structure in the center is the spiral. now it looks like theyre beginning to add the actual roll as the ledgers are starting to bank the other way

14. MakoMania

MakoMania Rookie

Ok I see what you mean. They've done the ledgers for the curve before the spiral and are starting to work up from the other side.

15. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

In these days of theme parks using nothing but IPs for their new rides, that could be refreshing.

Cheezbat, freddy_gruner and shiekra38 like this.
  16. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

Something tells me that when they officially announce this in (probably) October that they’ll break the news that this is world record breaking for height too.

17. freddy_gruner

freddy_gruner Rookie

im guessing august. if theyre going to announce it in july they wouldve probably said something by now

18. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Haven't they already officially announced it?

19. ParkRumors

ParkRumors Rookie

They've confirmed that Gwazi is being transformed into North America's tallest and the world's fastest and steepest hybrid coaster, but they'll still do a big announcement with all the official stats, theme and name of the ride. BGT announced Tigris in September last year, but I'm hoping they announce RMC Gwazi earlier than that.

With the BGW announcement happening on July 30th, I hope we see the rest of the new for 2020 stuff across their other parks announced in the following few weeks!

Scott W. likes this.
  20. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

I’m really glad SeaWorld parks and entertainment isn’t lumping all of the announcements together like six flags does and instead is giving each attraction its own day in the limelight. Honestly all of the parks are getting very cool unique additions, 2020 is going to be a stellar year thanks to SWP&E

OrlLover and freddy_gruner like this.