Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

I think all of those trademarks we saw a while back were for Tigris. Twisted Tiger definitely fits the bill for an RMC, but I think it's all but confirmed that Gwazi 2.0 will not be big cat themed.

The tiger motif went to Tigris.

Honestly, I believe it was @RollermanDan that mentioned a potential Crocodiles theme, and that could actually make quite a bit of sense.

Theme it after the Nile, and have it focus on the crocodiles, and animals that roam the river, and incorporate that into the theming and marketing of the attraction.

Honestly, I believe it was @RollermanDan that mentioned a potential Crocodiles theme, and that could actually make quite a bit of sense.

Theme it after the Nile, and have it focus on the crocodiles, and animals that roam the river, and incorporate that into the theming and marketing of the attraction.
Maybe Australian Salt water crocs. The coaster is closer the 'roos than the Egyptian area.

yeah dan told me a bunch of stuff. i was also speaking with someone from marketing and they said the themes they have narrowed down are spider, rhino, or gorilla. but i have a hunch theyre going to keep a lion theme for some reason. it just makes the most sense. apex predator=apex coaster

Maybe Australian Salt water crocs. The coaster is closer the 'roos than the Egyptian area.

A fair argument, but I would argue it could still be the Nile; as the canal goes through Sudan, and then breaks off; with two smaller routes leading to both Ethopia and South Sudan.

yeah dan told me a bunch of stuff. i was also speaking with someone from marketing and they said the themes they have narrowed down are spider, rhino, or gorilla. but i have a hunch theyre going to keep a lion theme for some reason. it just makes the most sense. apex predator=apex coaster

Honestly, out of those three..I'd guess the Gorilla would be the choice.

It'd work well with the mix of wood and steel, and could entice them to expand on their use of those great mammals.

A fair argument, but I would argue it could still be the Nile; as the canal goes through Sudan, and then breaks off; with two smaller routes leading to both Ethopia and South Sudan.

Honestly, out of those three..I'd guess the Gorilla would be the choice.

It'd work well with the mix of wood and steel, and could entice them to expand on their use of those great mammals.

rip harambe

If it's gonna be themed after an animal in that end of the park, we have:
  • Wallabies/Kangaroos
  • Emu
  • Flamingos
  • Komodo Dragons
  • Aviary inhabitants(too many to name)
It'd be cool to give the komodos a time to shine, but they're not exactly a big draw for crowds. We should also look at the color of the track arriving. I'm not sure about a purple coaster being themed after a gorilla, but stranger things have happened.(Looking at Mako's wildberry poptart colors with immense judgement)

If it's gonna be themed after an animal in that end of the park, we have:
  • Wallabies/Kangaroos
  • Emu
  • Flamingos
  • Komodo Dragons
  • Aviary inhabitants(too many to name)
It'd be cool to give the komodos a time to shine, but they're not exactly a big draw for crowds. We should also look at the color of the track arriving. I'm not sure about a purple coaster being themed after a gorilla, but stranger things have happened.(Looking at Mako's wildberry poptart colors with immense judgement)

i really liked that fake name that leaked today: iron lion. the vibe that gives off is insane

i really liked that fake name that leaked today: iron lion. the vibe that gives off is insane
Gwazi is a great name, IMO. Just retool a backstory for the coaster about a legendary hybrid liger that goes by the name of Gwazi. That way it's a near-mythic creature which won't force them to make any logic stretches to tie it to any other animals in the park, and it keeps the legacy of the original attraction intact.

That way, everyone wins. :grin:

Last edited:
That "promo picture" is just a straight up screenshot from NoLimits set on default settings. I'm sure the actual lift will be similar to Golaith/Zadra.