Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Robert Rodriguez's "Escape from New York"

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
In a bit of breaking news, John Carpenter has officially announced via Twitter, that a remake of the classic film, "Escape from New York" would be coming in the near future. It was announced, alongside with it; that the new film would be directed from Robert Rodriguez, director of films like From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, and the founder of Troublemaker Studios.

No other news has come out, outside of the announcement of the brand new remake.

Are you guy's interested to see what happens with a story retold like the Carpenter classic? What do you expect to see for the film? Comment down below.

I was bored with the original, which I saw during it's first run at a movie theater (yes, I'm that old :)) so I have absolutely no interest in a remake. Not a movie I ever remotely considered a classic. Just my opinion though.

I was bored with the original, which I saw during it's first run at a movie theater (yes, I'm that old :)) so I have absolutely no interest in a remake. Not a movie I ever remotely considered a classic. Just my opinion though.
The original was cheesy. They were going for a Bladerunner feel. They were...unsuccessful at their goal.

Remakes, sometimes it seems that this is all that happens these days. That said, I am interested in what Rodriguez will do with this.