Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling | Inside Universal Forums

Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't even know this was going to be a thing, but that was awesome! I hope an Ahh, Real Monsters is in the works somewhere...

Saw this last night and I wholeheartedly enjoyed it. RML was one of my personal favorite NickToon's from the 90's, as well as being the one which I honestly really wanted to see get some sort of special. Static Cling maintained the same absurd slice of life insanity the show knew how to nail. Also as usual, it wasn't afraid to deliver some biting and sharp wit on commentary of themselves, the industry, the fans etc. After all, this is the bunch that gave us "I Have No Son" and "Wacky Deli" which delivered biting commentary and satire via shotgun.

The Rachel storyline was a pleasant surprise as well, it fit perfectly into the overall theme of accepting change and it was done really respectfully, too. Major props to Joe Murray and the gang on how they handled it.

Gonna' have to re-watch it a couple more times as there's a ton of visual callbacks/refs from the series, but overall it was a treat seeing this bunch all back together again.