Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Royal Pacific Expansion

The plans definitely make it look like it is only connected via the convention space. It would make sense for flexibility for them to be able to combine or divide the space as needed. But the hotel portion looks to have it's own check-in and amenities.

Update: The 5th hotel will not have Express access.

"The "Fifth Hotel Preferential Rights Standard" shall mean a level of Preferential Rights that is equal to or better than any such
benefits available to other hotels(except the Phase I Hotels)… and shall not include complimentary
unlimited VIP Access as currently availableto guests of the Phase I Hotels.
"

This is funny. A level that is equal to or better than any of the (one) other hotels that were not part of Phase I. :rofl:

Last edited:
Hold up hold up hold up hold up…. I just read through the documents which are ridiculously confusing, but I think I found some info.

First of all, thanks to the Parkscope guys for finding this. So exciting!

Second, I don't think this is an expansion to the Royal Pacific Resort. This is a new hotel whose convention space will be connected to/share the RPR's convention space. So why does it say "ROYAL PACIFIC FIRST ADDITION"? Well, "ROYAL PACIFIC FIRST ADDITION" project space is only listed as 0.375 acres, which leads me to believe this is only the name for the project area that contains the convention space connector. Other than that, there is nothing that would indicate that this is an expansion to the RPR.

Third, seeing that there's only about 100 units shown but this is a 1,000 unit hotel, I predict these will be 10-floor structures (taller than the existing RPR buildings), many of which will afford killer views of the theme parks judging by their north-facing orientation. Very cool.

Fourth, this hotel will be a price point above Cabana Bay, but below PBH, HRH, and RPR. I suspect this because there is a directive for phone operators to sell the rooms in this priority:
#1: Phase 1 Hotels (PBH, HRH, and RPR)
#2: This new hotel
#3: Cabana Bay
#4: Hotels 6 and 7
#5: Off-site Partner hotels

(Keep in mind this doesn't necessarily mean that hotels 5 and 6 will be cheaper than Cabana Bay — all this can be amended later).

Fifth, Hotels 6 and 7 will NOT be branded as Loews and will NOT receive Express access (i.e. Cabana Bay). It explicitly says this.

Sixth, this hotel WILL be branded as a Loews hotel, which makes me think it will get Express access — but it's not clear since it references another document which isn't here.

There are parts of the one document that refer to everything on "Site D" as "Royal Pacific Addition".

I plugged the new plans into the map I made of the Garden Bridge and path a while back and everything lines up perfectly. It gives a good idea of where it'll be in relation to everything else.

Garden-1.png

I unfortunately don't have anything that can view the documents at this point. But I'll make sure to find it tomorrow. I believe the appendices/drawings are marked as such.

They indeed are, but also state that it's only .3 acres. It's confusing, but if you see different, let us know!

Like in Jaws, they're going to need a bigger boat(s). That's close enough to the canal to more than double the present boat traffic. They'll need a water traffic cop out there.

I have investigated and been told things that lead me to believe this particular new hotel is to be themed very similarly to RP. That said, it might be that this one will be named the Grand Pacific Hotel or something along those lines. This was originally supposed to have the extended water taxi lagoon, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the idea was dumped this past winter when they decided to build the garden walkway and bridges on the southern side of Hollywood Way. That was a major change of plans; 5 year master plans.

I plugged the new plans into the map I made of the Garden Bridge and path a while back and everything lines up perfectly. It gives a good idea of where it'll be in relation to everything else.

That looks great! So the walkway from Cabana leads you to the Royal Pacific docks and you take a water taxi from there? I hadn't seen the path before and assumed you would walk all the way.

Read the blog post again. The addition is Hotel 5. Hotel 6 is either 400 rooms added to Cabana Bay or an equal sized hotel. Hotel 7's plot hasn't been revealed, but it's only supposed to be 400 rooms. It could fit on the plot that will be left over after the RP expansion.

Also, it's sounding like this may be more of a sister hotel than a straight up expansion, if what Teebin and Seth are hinting at is correct

- - - Updated - - -

Looks to be that way. Maybe it has something to do with the plants that will be on it?

Hopefully a sister hotel, what I meant by my comment is that if it werent a sister hotel and just an expansion, why consider it hotel #5? same for cabana bay, if they add two towers, then it wouldnt be a new hotel, just an expansion

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, I wasn't hinting as I do not know. I only assumed this because it is listed as a Royal Pacific expansion. Too, it seems they have always required more convention space. Is that massive white plastic tent always set up out back of the old convention building? I never noticed it until goog maps.

So wait, we are thinking that they are going to add a smaller hotel south of the expansion plot, which would be hotel #5 or 6? could a hotel really fit there, including parking?

Hold up hold up hold up hold up…. I just read through the documents which are ridiculously confusing, but I think I found some info.

First of all, thanks to the Parkscope guys for finding this. So exciting!

Second, I don't think this is an expansion to the Royal Pacific Resort. This is a new hotel whose convention space will be connected to/share the RPR's convention space. So why does it say "ROYAL PACIFIC FIRST ADDITION"? Well, "ROYAL PACIFIC FIRST ADDITION" project space is only listed as 0.375 acres, which leads me to believe this is only the name for the project area that contains the convention space connector. Other than that, there is nothing that would indicate that this is an expansion to the RPR.

Third, seeing that there's only about 100 units shown but this is a 1,000 unit hotel, I predict these will be 10-floor structures (taller than the existing RPR buildings), many of which will afford killer views of the theme parks judging by their north-facing orientation. Very cool.

Fourth, this hotel will be a price point above Cabana Bay, but below PBH, HRH, and RPR. I suspect this because there is a directive for phone operators to sell the rooms in this priority:
#1: Phase 1 Hotels (PBH, HRH, and RPR)
#2: This new hotel
#3: Cabana Bay
#4: Hotels 6 and 7
#5: Off-site Partner hotels

(Keep in mind this doesn't necessarily mean that hotels 5 and 6 will be cheaper than Cabana Bay — all this can be amended later).

Fifth, Hotels 6 and 7 will NOT be branded as Loews and will NOT receive Express access (i.e. Cabana Bay). It explicitly says this.

Sixth, this hotel WILL be branded as a Loews hotel, which makes me think it will get Express access — but it's not clear since it references another document which isn't here.

Great job kuribo!

Hopefully a sister hotel, what I meant by my comment is that if it werent a sister hotel and just an expansion, why consider it hotel #5? same for cabana bay, if they add two towers, then it wouldnt be a new hotel, just an expansion

The number of distinct hotels is inconsequential to the agreement. The only thing Loews, and Universal, care about are numbers of rooms. Hotel 6 will only happen if Universal doesn't built the 400 extra rooms for Cabana. Hotel 6 would replace these 400 rooms by having 400 itself.

If Cabana Bay builds an expansion, it's almost guaranteed to go south of the current resort, into the expansion pad where the new Waterpark was rumored. I would hope that means the Waterpark wouldn't go there, because that would even further minimize space for the park.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new small parking garage built south of hotel #5.

Not surprised by the lack of water taxi extension. A lot of the wording in the stuff uncovered yesterday really makes it seem like they want to keep the original hotels well differentiated with premium perks like Express and water taxi service.

The lack of water taxi extension sucks. But I only say that because I always though Universal was easier to get around because it was bunched together. Not everyone is able to walk or wants too after a long day. I wish Uni extended it at least to the 5th land plot.

I can't lie and say it wouldnt be cool if they extended it to every hotel on property just to boast having all resorts connected via water taxi. But I'll take it for now. That rumored monorail would be a nice make up for me lol!

The lack of water taxi extension sucks. But I only say that because I always though Universal was easier to get around because it was bunched together. Not everyone is able to walk or wants too after a long day. I wish Uni extended it at least to the 5th land plot.

I can't lie and say it wouldnt be cool if they extended it to every hotel on property just to boast having all resorts connected via water taxi. But I'll take it for now. That rumored monorail would be a nice make up for me lol!

The layout of the resort itself is enough to sustain this though. The fact that each parcel of land around the parks will soon be filled in with another hotel and a waterpark will mean everything is within touching distance of everything else, and nowhere is too far to walk or use buses. With both these options you're still better off than having to wait for a bus which actually travels a significant distance to the place you're trying to get to. I personally much prefer this dense arrangement with everything more centralised to the spread out design of WDW - when staying on site at Universal I feel much more 'part of the action' all the time, like I never leave. With the concentration of the new hotels / extensions, theme parks, water park and Citywalk, it'll feel like a little city in its own right over summer months in years to come.

If Cabana Bay builds an expansion, it's almost guaranteed to go south of the current resort, into the expansion pad where the new Waterpark was rumored. I would hope that means the Waterpark wouldn't go there, because that would even further minimize space for the park.

There is room left on the existing Cabana Bay plot for the expansion. It wouldn't affect the water park.

The layout of the resort itself is enough to sustain this though. The fact that each parcel of land around the parks will soon be filled in with another hotel and a waterpark will mean everything is within touching distance of everything else, and nowhere is too far to walk or use buses. With both these options you're still better off than having to wait for a bus which actually travels a significant distance to the place you're trying to get to. I personally much prefer this dense arrangement with everything more centralised to the spread out design of WDW - when staying on site at Universal I feel much more 'part of the action' all the time, like I never leave. With the concentration of the new hotels / extensions, theme parks, water park and Citywalk, it'll feel like a little city in its own right over summer months in years to come.

The water taxi definitely adds to the togetherness of the Phase I resorts. I also felt it one-uped Disney which has inconsistent transportation. Not only can CBBR guests not take a boat to the parks, but other resort guests can not take a boat to CBBR. The idea of a resort of resorts, where the amenities and added extras are shared between them. So for example no one is going to walk an hour from Portifino to bowl at CBBR and then walk an hour back. I just liked the idea of all of the on property resorts being interconnected in multiple ways.

Does anybody have ideas on what the theme might be? Because with all the evidence Kuribo posted we know its not an expansion of Royal Pacific. And it is not the ideal location of the Cabana Bay expansion. Some themes I have in mind are an Egyptian, Chinese, Japanese, and Wilderness/Everglades themed hotel.

Also if universal was to build a 6th and 7th hotel they would probably be building them with the third gate expansion so i think at least one of them would have express passes included with the stay.

The water taxi definitely adds to the togetherness of the Phase I resorts. I also felt it one-uped Disney which has inconsistent transportation. Not only can CBBR guests not take a boat to the parks, but other resort guests can not take a boat to CBBR. The idea of a resort of resorts, where the amenities and added extras are shared between them. So for example no one is going to walk an hour from Portifino to bowl at CBBR and then walk an hour back. I just liked the idea of all of the on property resorts being interconnected in multiple ways.

I do agree with you about the 'togetherness' factor, for sure. But in a way I suppose it was inevitable that some differentiation would eventually occur if more resorts were added; for one thing it'll only increase their occupancy if they cater for a wider variety of markets but also the parks would have struggled to cope if these thousands of new rooms all had Express and all the services of the original resorts.

You do raise an interesting point though. I wonder how popular the amenities of each resort are / will be with guests of the others? I suppose some Hard Rock and Portifino guests might go to RPR for Emeril's, and perhaps the same might happen with the Portifino's flagship place (I forget the name), but I wonder if there's much need for interchange apart from this. All are really well equipped with great pools and eateries to suit different tastes, and although bowling is unique to CBBR it feels much more like something you'd do as part of that experience than something you'd go separately for to me. In any case, it's still easier to swap between resorts without water taxis than it is at WDW, as you say.

I just don't want an influx of other resort guests stampeding into RPR and ruining the tranquility of my late-night nachos and fish tacos at Bula Bar... :sneaky: